Tho, I, and everyone else, love the end product!
Dirk is working on his second year of his construction management major. We are very thankful and blessed by his construction skills. He is always willing to take on a project. And always wanting to try something new that he has not done before. He has helped build an addition on the house that houses our wonderful roomy kitchen. (That is another post.) Last winter they tackled our basement and made it into a game room.(Another post) Now he is working on the bathroom in the basement.
Daryl and Zach have worked on these projects with him as well but this bathroom he is on his own. Our vacation time is over. The things college students have to do for $$$!! Usually Dirk and Zach work for their summer boss during the break but he had no work for them this season. So we put him to work.
This is the bathroom.
He will be doing drywall, floor fill, tiling floor and cement shower walls, painting and plumbing (if Daryl does not have time).
He has never had the opportunity to work with tile before
so we are all excited to see how it turns out for him.
Then after all that hard work he had time to break a sweat.
Then he was off to the city for supplies. I sent him and Zach with a list and told them to pick out what they need. They are to look for a vanity, shower head, paint, tile, grout ,etc. Dirk picked out tile the other day and I liked his choice. Paint is also his pick. I am anxious to see it but am not worried about it at all. He has good taste for the most part other than *music* but even that is improving!!
Hopefully they remembered to empty the cart. Yesterday we went to the local lumber yard ,just Dirk and I. And I pulled around the building to leave and the man was waving us down with the drywall mud!!! Dirk told me we had everything! Oh,well! We got a good chuckle out of it!
I better quick call them to double check and make sure they have everything they paid for!!
3 comments:
Man I wish I had a son around that could do that. I have an old ratty part on the house that has to be removed and than an addition added on including a family room, a three car garage with a bedroom loft above it. Someday, when the spirit moves my dear sweet husband into thinking the time is right.
Hey. I wouldnt mind going down to arkansas for a couple months. im up for the challenge and the experience for my resume. just wanted to throw that out there.
Okay, Dirk, then after Arkansas we may have you come to California for some more "experience"!!!! =)
Post a Comment