Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Break From The Busyness......

We got a breather today. A much needed one. After a long busy week that ended with a late night and getting too much heat yesterday.
Today we got to sleep in as we found a church that did not have services til 11 am. So that alone was very welcomed. Then we found out the world can be small as the pastor of the service may know Daryl's sister.
We took a drive to the Wildcat Hills with Tubster,the dog, along. We were fascinated with Hartville,WY which has the oldeset bar in the state. It is a neat small old mining town that only has 76 people. Then we visited Fort Laramie. The soldier, and such, impersonators were very informative and made the old fort come alive. We all enjoyed that. Even Tubs as he could be on the grounds but not in any of the buildings.
We also found out there is a beach by the Glendo reservoir which we will check out some other time.
It was so great to have a day of rest! We all needed some sleep and gave us time to count all the lil bruises one aquires when farming!!! And some are so tan that they look like they are not related to the rest of us. No I am not poking my tongue out at Tessa! What am I to do if I was born to be so pale and anti-tannable?? And she worked hard for it.But i do get a lil-maybe more than a lil-jealous that she tans and I stand right beside her and burn. Really I am thankful for any of my children that can tan and not get sunburnt everytime the sun shines.
Daryl's knee is giving him fits so it was good for him to quit jumping off machinery and the such for a day. He said all the walking we did today felt real good on it. Of course the special ointment that he uses on it when it acts up is in the semi which is headed to Wisconsin this week. Usually the truck goes to Utah which goes right thru here.
Actually on Thurs. morning Tessa and I were at the laundry mat and I seen a truck at the stop light a couple blocks away that looked like ours. So I looked again and decided that it wasn't ours. As there are thousand of trucks out there that look just like our rig. Then it came right past us and sure enough it was Pete.
Today Mary Jo and Dirk picked and froze the strawberries for me. I was so excited to see the text pic she sent. It was quite a good picking, more than we had been getting. Thanks so much you two!!!!
Now that we are well rested we are ready to take on the new week.
So here goes to more challenges.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath, you don't know me but I got this weblog address from Brenda. I am in Holland and visited Lynden. Best regards Ron

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Brenda told me she had given it to you. I sometimes email to Bas but have slacked lately.
Thanks for checking out our blog. Do you have a blog that we could read as well? Thanks for checking in!!
Kath

Anonymous said...

Yummy strawberries!

Wishing you a wonderful week -- full of surprises like seeing Pete's truck!

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Spanish moss cannot survive in temperatures below 22 degrees Fahrenheit. We get sudden freezes here but they are short and the temperature never really gets that far below freezing.

Spanish moss does flower (little white blooms) and also produces seeds (these are small and black).

One of the best places to see Spanish moss is in Savannah or anywhere in Mississippi. Those two areas seem to have the BEST Spanish Moss. The Garden District in New Orleans has some truly gorgeous examples of it, too.

Hope that helps!
Lacy

Let us know if you ever come to our neck of the woods!

Anonymous said...

OK thanks. I am living 5 minutes from Bas. Got mail from Brenda again and will answer today.
No blog yet but have a look at www.2hedge.com our business. Are you in Lynden ?? I am just back from Florida again. Bye Ron.