Friday, August 15, 2008

Heartfelt Week.......

I'm here in Wyoming. But my heart got left at home.
I am homesick. I think I was homesick the moment we arrived.
I normally dont get homesick. I may miss the kids when I am gone but not homesickness.
But there is a reason for it. In February our daughter,Maria, had a devastating miscarriage. This is the week that was to be the arrival of joy.
She has been through alot since Feb. with a bout of post partum depression, separation and impending divorce, and much else.
So my heart got left with Maria this week. I wish I was home so we could just spend time together. Just be there. I know its on the forefront of her mind as it is mine.
Its been a roller coaster of emotions these past months for all concerned. We pray that it will level out soon.
So, sweetheart, our hearts, thoughts, and prayers are with you!
Love you always !

8 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Oh, that has to be really hard on your family. I am sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Kath. My pastor and his wife are on pins and needles these days because their daughter-in-law is having contractions far too early. My heart breaks for them and for your family too.

Your post made my cry. I hope your family can find peace.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Hugs to you all.

Jayne said...

I just said a prayer for Maria and the rest of your family...I will continue to lift you up. Blessings!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. That must be hard on both of you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mum-me said...

So sorry to hear of the pain your family has been through, especially your daughter. We'll pray for you all.

debi9kids said...

Oh how sad. I just said a prayer for Maria to find strength today dealing with all of her losses.

Anonymous said...

Of course, I cannot imagine exactly how it feels but I have had several miscarriages because I have a bicornuate uterus which means that it is heart-shaped and not flexible enough to grow with baby. I am incapable of carrying past sixteen weeks.

The depression that comes with suffering that kind of loss is all-consuming and has never fully passed. There is also the anger that comes from seeing people who have children take them for granted or complain about being pregnant. That never gets easier to take.

Our focus on the adoption has helped more than anything. Just knowing that there are children waiting to be ours... to belong to our family... it has been an answer to so much prayer.

Please give your daughter my email address. I'm happy to listen.

Blessings to both of you.
Lacy