Saturday, August 9, 2008

Stress Reliever.......


Dirk bought himself a new toy. He claims it helps to relieve stress after a long day at the construction site. Well ,I just took his word for it til I spent a long day in the kitchen canning and baking.
I then proceeded to take it for a long and "slow" (compared to Dirk's wild maniac ways) drive. All the days stress just blew off my shoulders as I went ripping around the block a quite few times. Even the bugs that hit my face and all the dust in my mouth just went to the wayside. I guess I have to say I believe him that it relieves stress.


Well .........it will til the neighbors complain about all the noise!!!

A peek at our stress filled day.....

Tessa made several dozen muffins using up a very small amount of the zucchini we have. The lighter muffins are the Best Zucchini Bars recipe. The dark are just a zucchini chocolate cake recipe. She sugared the tops for a little crunch. They are delish. Now we will have snacks for our trek to Wyoming next week, lunches, and after school for famished football players .

I, with the help of Daryl, Dirk, Seth, and Clark, canned up 8 heaping ice cream pails of tomatoes. We now have some more quarts of spaghetti sauce and whole tomatoes. Also I made up some stewed tomatoes and hot salsa. I may have added a few too many jalepenos this time!!!

8 comments:

Kryna said...

It is great to have people around to eat your food!

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Not when you cant keep up with these hungry peoples!!

We also made caramel apple bars as we had apples that needed to be used up. Yum!

debi9kids said...

YUM! Fantastic looking muffins!
Zucchini muffins are on my baking schedule for tomorrow! YUMMY!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I agree on the atv ride as a stress helper. I love ours and wish I could do it more often.

Also wished we lived closer. The gardens here are not doing all that well this year. It has been unusally wet, then grasshoppers and all sorts of unfavorables.
We could help you use up some of the surplus.

Anonymous said...

I wish you were too! Instead of calling around for a babysitter or dog sitter I have to call for a garden picker while away!!

CindyDianne said...

Nice. I am hungry now!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I want some of those muffins! Yum!

I made strawberry muffins this morning before church. Yum!

Blessings!
Lacy

Mum-me said...

The 'stress reliever' looks like a ton of fun. But I think our neighbours would not like it. And the children would always want to ride it. And i would never get a chance to ride it, while worrying about the little ones riding it. No - maybe not a stress reliever after all as I am feeling stressed just thinking about it!

I'll save it for when the nest is empty.