Today is my birthday.
It will be a normal day like all the others. Or I may meet a friend for lunch. Or not.
This weekend when Daryl makes it home from WY we will have an evening out like we always try to do. Just the two of us. Or maybe the whole family.
Just an ordinary birthday this year.
But not last year. Last year when I reached the peak of that dreaded mountain of 40 years old!! But it was not really dreaded at all. I did enough of that at 35!!! Enough to last til the big 4-0.
Actually turning 40 was alot of fun.
Being I am a very inquisitive person and can guess hints like any mom can I can usually guess what all the commotion is about. I can read the signs as they think they are being secretive but yet they may as well wave a banner as they just gave it away when you whisper on the phone, slam doors when I'm around, start whispering as soon as I leave the room, ask too many questions about something, etc.
But last year I missed every dang sign that I later remembered should of set off my radar!!
My family did the unachievable... they surprised me with a 40th bday bash!!! Last years birthday was anything but ordinary!
I walked into my house after being a little frustrated of what we were to have accomplished by going "shopping" that day. When I opened the door there was the whole house full of family and freinds screaming at me. I almost dropped my gallon of milk and ...almost piddle on the floor.
I had a great time. And everyone else did too at my expense , of course!!
One of my favorite things was the gift from my family. The scrapbook that Maria and Tessa put together to highlight our family over the past 23 years.
Family pics over the years.
Priceless memories.
Tessa after meeting a mud puddle.
The three older kids causing the landlady a tantrum for jumping on the bed.
Clark with rocks in his stocking one Christmas morning with a note from the naughty santas (Maria & Dirk) saying "you've been bad".
This book is a treasure.
Thanks to my family for all the priceless memories. I cant wait to see the memories we will have by the time I'm 80! But please dont surprise me then!!!
9 comments:
Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUSIN!!!! Looks like the book your girls did last year is wonderful!! Hope you had a wonderful restful day today. May you have many more!!!
This is a lovely post! That is a wonderful book!
Happy belated birthday!
Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.
Hope you had a wonderful day! That book looks fantastic. I can well imagine why you would never tire of looking at it.
Thanks for all the wishes! I had a great day even tho I stayed home and enjoyed the quiet.
The kids took me to the local steakhose for burgers which was fun.
Have a great day yourselves!
Happy Belated Birthday!
I hope you had a great quiet day and a terrific weekend. Memory books are a wonderful presents.
Happy Birthday!!!
I want to apologize for not saying so on your actual birthday. My family has been visiting and I've been swamped! This is the first chance I've had to sit down at the computer!
Blessings!
Lacy
Happy B-Day!
40 isn't so bad. I made it to 47 this year and plan on being here another 47.
Glad you had such a lovely day!
AWW MOMMY!!! Now that you took your book back I have to go to the computer to look at it!! LOVE YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
-RIA
Post a Comment