Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Crud Has Begun.......

Well the school year has just began and already the crud is going around. At the football game Friday night there was alot of coughing kids. One kid in particular had a nasty hack. Of course that is one of the kids Seth was hanging out with.
His best friend could not come to the game as he is battling pneumonia. The nasty hacker was absent yesterday from school. And Seth lasted all of two hours before calling me to come get him.
On our way home we picked up the secret ingredient for our yummy sick concoctions. Then made up some orange juice from frozen concentrate.
And he has been downing them one glass after another. With a glass of water in between. We are all about flushing those bad bugs out.

Fill the glass 2/3 way full of orange juice.

Add in 7up til full.

Drink. Drink. And drink some more.

It tastes so good and it really helps for a cold. Being it tastes good the kids will drink alot of it.

Even if you have a tender tummy to oj, try it. Some people say it works for them with the 7up in it.

Back to Seth. He was a miserable pup all day and more so into the evening. Low grade fever and nasty cough.

It was quite late and he fell asleep in the chair.Then moved to the couch. I finally got him to bed propped up on pillows and under a thick layer of blankets. He slept through the night like that and is still asleep.

I am hoping he does not need to see the doc today. Hopefully it is just the common cold. Hopefully sleep and a bunch of those yummy concoctions will get him thru this.

**UPDATE** Seth woke up feeling alot better. Still has a cough but is talking about going back to school tomorrow. He will continue to drink the mixed drinks and try to keep it a moving out!

9 comments:

CindyDianne said...

oh! It is that time already, I know. My husband was a bit cruddy over the weekend. Our kids, luckily, are still doing fine. Of course, it is still 90 degrees here. Maybe the heat is killing those school bugs!

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Thats one reason why crud is here already. Its 90* one day and a high of 54* the next!

Anonymous said...

The crud has hit our house too! I think it is because our son-in-law is a high school teacher (he got it first) then Linkin and Tallin got it, now Grandpa.

Who would have thought, after raising four kids, we would get to go through the crud season again! grin

But I would not change our life for anything....haveing grandchildren right next door is one of life's greatest gifts!

LindaGay
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

P.S. I like your heart!

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Linda, thanks for your comments! And you are the first one to comment on the heart tomato that Seth found in the garden!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! crude season. I remember it well. We are in a non-crude phase right now. All adults in the house. Our time will come back when we start to get grand-babies. I give it 10 years. LOL

debi9kids said...

Glad he is starting to feel better.
That's what I hate about school starting.

Anonymous said...

Aww...don't you just hate that. We do a lot of 7up around here when we're sick...I love the Cherry 7up best...I'll have to try mixing with the oj...maybe they'll get more down!!

Anonymous said...

A virgin mimosa -- sort of! Yum!

When I am on a plane -- I have to have a mimosa. Only not virgin. In fact, I might be forced to have two.

Our first Christmas together, I made braised pears in champagne and orange juice. They were WONDERFUL!

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Oh Peppers!!! Love you buddy and I hope you start feeling alot better soon!
-RIA