Sunday, September 21, 2008

He's Home But Not Really.....

Daryl is home!!!
He made it home on Thursday just in time to attend Seth's football game.(Lost by 2 pts!)
We have had him running ever since.
Friday he had to unload the salt and reload tanks. As soon as he walked in the door from that we headed to my chiropractor appointment. He went implement shopping while I got cracked back into place.
As I was a pain in the "back" I took a glorious 1 1/2 hour nap. He booked his loads for next week while I was sleeping on the job...literally! It was for the best as when there is not a load out to Utah he doesn't know which way he wants to go so it turns into a headache for me while he decides.
He awoke me in time to get all the faxes sent off with all the necessary papers. Then it was time to head out to Clark's football game 100 miles from home. Man was that a long sit. It was worth it as we got to see Clark play the last quarter. (Lost by way too many pts.)
Saturday we were up early after our late night to head to my chiro appt and Clark's football tournament.
Daryl went with me and found garage sales while I was getting all put back into place. Hopefully Zach and his roommate like his bargains that he found for them. He came back to pick me up and the whole back of the pickup was full!! Then we had to go back and get some more!! We made it in time to see Clark get very frustrated with the other teams and their unsportsman like conduct.
Then being the boys wanted to stay home to do homework(yeah right!) and Tessa was working her Saturday-school year job(washing dishes at a cafe-YUK!) Daryl and I had an afternoon to ourselves so we made it my birthday outing.
We ate at the Lonestar Steakhouse and had great food and service-tho minus our salads-by Maria. Then we were off to find more garage sales as Daryl was definitely bitten by the bug.
When Zach was off work we unloaded the bargains at this apartment. Ran a few errands.(He took on Verizon for me and won!) Then we met up with my mom and siblings to look at a house she is thinking of purchasing.
Finally we were headed home to have some time with the kids.
After church today we had guests for lunch. Made the ever yummy Fry Pizzas.
Dinner will be fresh fruit and homemade cinnamon rolls as I am tired! Dont think there will be any complaints,tho.
Then Daryl will head out for the week to WI, MN, MO. But only after he takes the quad aka stress reliever for a run!
Hopefully he wants to come home again to this rat race we have going on around here.
Not every weekend is this action packed. Thankfully as it is exhausting.

6 comments:

Mum-me said...

I think I need to have a nap from just reading how busy you've been.

CindyDianne said...

That is like when one needs to come back to work from vacation so one can get some rest!

Michele said...

Flagstaff must have seemed boring for Daryl compared to being at home. I bet he loved every minute!

Hope you back feels better.

debi9kids said...

Phew! That is exhausting! You did need a nap. I am glad you got a chance to relax a bit.

Anonymous said...

You left out the part where you burned extra energy turning beet red at the lone star! But, OH BOY was that dessert good!! "Daryl, when did you tell them???" You told me yourself you dummy! But it was fun having you complain to Terry about me and the salads! TEE HEE! I soooo need a blog-you always leave out the embarrassing stories about yourself!
-RIA

Anonymous said...

CindyDianne- I sure could of used a break today to catch up from the weekend!

Michele-Being home is alot less stress than his stay in AZ.
And my back is doing alot better and I hope it stays that way!

Boufmom- It was exhausting but a fun one too. Just wished Daryl ahd time to kick back a little.

Maria-You need a blog to share about your interesting life not to tell embarrassing stories about me!!!