I feel old! About as old as we are to appear in this picture.
YIKES!!!!
I would like to share something thats special to me. The crocheted table runner was made by my grandma in Colorado. My sweet funny grandma loved to crochet. She also made doilies for me from memory. But for the runner she had to follow directions. I found out later how she went about that much to my surprise and amazement. She had very bad eyesight (see? runs in the family) and could not read the print. So my impatient uncle, who lived with her at the time, read the directions to her so she could complete it for me. It was very special to me anyway but ever more so knowing what she (they) all went thru to give me one of the last things she ever crocheted.
9 comments:
How nice they worked together to get it finnished. My Grandma has made me some lovely doilies too. Don't feel bad about the glasses. I've been wearing them since I was a teenager.
Glasses make a person look more distinguished!!!! And they help you see better too!! I framed a doily that my grandma made. Looks really nice.
That is a lovely story - something to cherish & pass onto one of your children. My granny quilts & I love all the things she's given me (& the kids).
Oh! That is such a sweet story and a wonderful memory!
What a sweet woman.
Grandmas are such wonderful people. I have several things I cherish from my Grandma and now my Mom is making things for my children to cherish. Maybe I better get started.
Glasses are my best friend. First thing on in the morning and last off. I would be home bound without them. And you are way to young to be old.
Happy Thanksgiving.
I hate the whole glasses thing. I just got some. Not cheap I might add, but I can't get use to them. They are progressive. I feel like I am going to fall while walking. I keep taking them off and then not being able to find them. Crazy! Love the sweet thoughts about your Grandma.
I wear glasses! Better than not seeing.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I LOVE the table runner! I have some of them that were made by my grandmother as well and I just treasure them :)
ps I think I need reading glasses too!
You're not old! really, trust me on this because if you're old I am ancient and I don't feel ancient.
Post a Comment