Checking my list-
turkey
potatoes
stuffing
Lime Jello salad
Picnic coleslaw
gravy
dinner rolls w/honey butter
homemade cream style corn
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
dilly beans
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
We have sooo much to be thankful for. Great food. Housing. Jobs. Our church. Our church family. Health. On and on the list goes.
Besides the scrumptious meal this Thanksgiving what I am truely thankful for is just being all together as a family. This past year we have not had the "family round table discussions" like we use to.
When Dirk was home this summer we were gone to work in WY. When Zach or Dirk are home for a weekend from school then Maria has to work. When Maria has a day off Zach has to work. And so it goes.
To my recollection we have only (all 8 of us) been together as a whole family in the same place at the same time 5 times this year.
Tessa's late birthday party-Feb.
Visiting Maria at the hospital -Mar.
Daryl's mini surprise bday party-Mar.
Daryl's original bday bash-July
Tessa's All State Chorus Concert-Oct.
So I am very thankful for all of us being able to just hang out once again!!! OH YEAH!!!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
8 comments:
Wishing you and yours a restful and enjoyable day! Happy Thanksgiving.
Hope you had a lovely day with your precious family! The menu looks delicious!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope we get a chance to connect next Thursday. I need you email address.
Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get to enjoy time with your family.
Mary Jo
Michele- hudsonfurn@alliancecom.net
Glad you were all able to be together. I remember those teen years when it was hard to have even a meal together. Our youngest was only 7 when his sister went to collage. That was hard. Treasure those times together. Happy Birthday to Zach.
I think this year I am going to make an effort to spend more time with the people that I love and enjoy. My gram just passed away, we spent some time yesterday with my Uncle and his family (his kids are the same age as mine) I haven't seen in over a year...no excuse...and we all had a great time...I realize it has to be a decision and planned...just do it...
Just wanted to say thanks for your comment the other day...and I could sooo go for that Pepsi with ice...as long as it had a shot of rum too!!
Post a Comment