Monday, November 17, 2008

We're Back To Regular Scheduling.......

Our weekend went by fast......

Friday night we went shopping with 3 boys. We bought a vacuum cleaner that needs to be returned already. Basketball shoes were purchased, hair cuts were gotten for Daryl, Clark and Seth. We met up with Zach for a mere 5 minutes on his way out the door to work. His hand looked good following the lil surgery he had. Dirk was picked up to bum around and take home with us.
Of course, we couldnt make a decision where to eat. This one wanted to eat at HuHot's but the line was out the door. The next said CiCi's pizza but it was way across town. I was all for the restaurant where Maria works. But the guys figured it would be busier than HuHot's so we ate at Qdoba. Decisions. Decisions.

On Saturday while Tessa was working at the cafe and off with friends the hunters had a day out in the wild. All five of those boys!! After consuming coffee cake. I stayed home all by myself and kept the fire going. I made a batch and a half of Michele's Potato Gorgonzola Gratin -YUM!-with Salmon Loaf for lunch. And M&Ms Bars. And Chicken Tetrazini.
We played cards between getting the house cleaned up and their next round of hunting.
The hunters were to be home by 5pm to be ready by the time our company was to arrive. Finally I sent out texts to remind them of the time. Dirk texted me back- "yeah yeah calm down Seth tripped" My heart was a pounding as I tried to call one of them and then they pulled into the drive. There seemed to be no emergency so I didnt say a word about how the text riled me up. WHEW!
I'm not a hunter but I am a worrier!!!! Its a mom thing I guess.


My cousin Karen and her family came to see us!!! The "big" boys stayed going all evening long like a bunch of Energizer bunnies. They actually sat long enough to get a pic taken!!!

I would have a pic of Karen and her husband Chris but I kindly deleted it as you know the whole thing of "paybacks" they are not so nice!! And I'm working on Karen to set up her own blog sooo.....

Of course the Enegizer boys wore out the little one!!!
He must run on rechargeable batteries.
The only girl surrounded all evening by 4 rowdy boys was glad to see another girl even if it was only for 45 minutes!!! But believe me this lil one runs on Energizer batts too cuz she kept up with those boys!!
Dirk headed back to college last night packed to the gills with Potato Gorgonzola Gratin, Chicken Tetrazini, Chili, M&Ms bars, etc... He should not have to cook for a bit.
We had a fun weekend! How was yours?

7 comments:

grammy said...

Wow girl, you are busy. That boy better be thankful for all the great food you sent him. My last chick has grad. from college and is living at home. I get calls around five with him asking what's for supper. He drinks way more milk than I am use to buying and can live on cereal. (o:

Anonymous said...

He better be!!!!!!

A kid that could live on cereal would be an easy person to live with!!!! You have it made!

Renata said...

What a busy time! Glad you could have a good visit with your relatives! Sounds like the kids really enjoyed it!

Mum-me said...

Sounds very busy. I get worried, when I read your blog, that my life will get more complicated as my children grow up rather than less.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

That text would have freaked me out, too. Particularly in light of all the injuries of late.

Yikes.

What is Qdoba?

Thank you for your sweet comment. you have no idea how much it means to read those words and how comforting it is.

Thank you.

Lacy

DayPhoto said...

WOW! You HAVE really been over-busy! But what a fun busy! What a neat time and it wasn't even a holiday (yet!)

Sounds like you enjoyed it as much as the kids.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Qdoba Mexican Grill is a great place to dine. It is like Chipolte Mexican Grill if you are familiar with them. The big burrito packed full of goodness! Or the naked burrito?
Qdoba has a queso sauce(NO calories) that is super delicious!

I highly recommend trying one!!! Yum!