Monday, December 29, 2008

Yummm.........

Cheese Loaf is a must for Christmas lunch at our house. I make the filling ahead. And prepare the bread bowl ahead of time so all I have to do Christmas morning is fill it, wrap it, and bake it. Its simply delicious. Make it for your New Years Eve party.
2 lbs. sourdough bread loaf
2 c. sharp cheddar, shredded
1 1/2 c. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 T. Worchestershire sauce
2 2 oz. pkg dried beef, diced
1 4 oz. can green chilis
1 bunch onion greens, chopped
Bread bowl-
Slice off top for lid. Hollow out center leaving 1-1 1/2 inch shell.
Save bread for dipping. Cut into bite size pieces.
Filling-
Combine all ingredients.
When ready to bake fill bowl. Replace top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hrs.
Serve with cubed bread, bagels, pita chips.
24 servings.
To get the "overflow" look was a mistake. We thought the filling didnt look heated thru so put it in the microwave for 2 min. In less than a minute it had overflowed and was bubbling.
I usually take my filling out of the frig and hour or so before baking. Let it chill out! If taking it straight out to put it directly in oven may need to add baking time.
We serve it with cut up bagel or french bread.
Make it and ........Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! If I get time I will make it for our New Years Day Blast!! If not this year - maybe next.
Have a great day.

DayPhoto said...

I have printed this recipe! I want to thank you for the cookbook (you have 13 recipes in there). I have also made two of the recipes already!

Thanks for thinking of us!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

CindyDianne said...

Yum!

I am hungry and this looks great.

CindyDianne said...

You have an award at my place.

Dana said...

I have never even heard of that before. Is it easy to make

Michele said...

This sounds like it would make good New Years day treat for the guys. Thanks for sharing.

grammy said...

Learn something new all the time. I have used bread bowels for dips, but never baked the dip in it. Sounds good and easy.

D said...

I plan on making this tomorrow. It sounds so yummy I went right out and bought everything!

Anonymous said...

OHHHH mY, I made it! It was so good. I couldn't find regular bread bowl. I found a hiwaiian bread bowl and it was great! Thanks for the recipe.

Sara said...

Looks yummy! Not sure what the dry beef is...can you clarify?
Sara