Monday, January 26, 2009

Chaos..........

Moving Day!!!
My brother, Kent's, big rig in front of my mom's new house.
Our big ugly delivery van that we have yet to sell since closing the furniture store. It sits around here. Then we say we should really sell the thing as we never use it. Then someone moves and it comes in very handy so it will remain to sit for awhile again I'm sure. Its the third move for it this month as some friends used it too.
We are quite proud of the performance of the van. Its a deisel and it was -5* and it ran like a well oiled moving machine.There were lots of pickups and peoples to help. Some even came from Minnesota and Washington.
As for me and "my aching back" ( had to say it one.more.time just for James) I am thankful it is all done for awhile again.
Tessa helped a little too much with all the carrying and now both of her knees are very sore and swollen. So she laid down most of yesterday with ice packs and Ibuprofen. They are a little better today. Ouch!
Even tho it was extremely cold out we are ALL thankful that it was not windy and snowing with it too. And we are ALL thankful moving day is o.v.e.r!!!!!

10 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm glad it went well - it's so nice to have lots of hands and rolling stock to make the chore easier. Now you can rest???

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the excitement of moving!!

Anonymous said...

I bet your mom will love her new house! I'm glad it is over for you guys --moving is such a chore!
I don't plan on ever doing it again!!!!!!

Dana said...

Im gald you had no wind, you can send some of that snow my way

DayPhoto said...

Brrrr boy did it look COLD! But the house looks neat and having everyone help is wonderful!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

CindyDianne said...

Oh how I hate the moving...

Renata said...

Glad the move went well. Have you considered hiring out your truck that's sitting there for small moves like this?
Hope your back feels better.

Michele said...

I'm glad it went well even though Tessa sounds like she didn't come out so well. Hope she's feeling better.

Hey, if I move in the future could could send down the troops?

grammy said...

My daughter moved Sunday. My hubby works for atlas van lines, therefore he had the pack van and helped all day. It was in the teens and snowing lightly...but like you said...it is over. Glad you got yours all done.

debi9kids said...

Glad it is all over and you were able to bear the cold. Brrrrrr