Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies.........

When you are given a 50 pound bag of oatmeal you tend to put oatmeal in anything possible! Daryl hauled a load of bagged oatmeal and the guys were determined he had to have one. I was happy as I try to bake with it as much as possible.
But did you know how much oatmeal 50 pounds really is? We gave as much as we could to family and friends that we seen soon after bagging it all up and we have enough to last us a looong loooong time.
I like hot cooked oatmeal for breakfast but I prefer to use Old Fashioned Oats for that versus the Quick Oats that this is.
Oatmeal anyone?
Recipe-
3/4 c. butter,softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
Cream sugars and butters. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla-blend well.
Add flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add oats. And chocolate chips.
Use jumbo size scoop, drop on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350* for 15 min til lightly golden on the edges.
Chocolate chips make be replaced by raisins.
These are a great way to use up some oatmeal. The kids much preferred these cookies over the granola I have made with most of the oatmeal!!

9 comments:

Michele said...

I make a wonderful oatmeal buttermilk bread that is to die for. If I can find the recipe I'll send it.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I REALLY like oatmeal and oatmeal cookies but 50 lbs??? Wow. But then,with the economy the way it is we don't look a gifthorse in the mouth - we just say thank you! Enjoy all that oatmeal and I will have to try the recipe. Sounds very good.

I am pretty much back to normal again. Thanks for caring!

grammy said...

Looks yummy. That is a lot of oatmeal girlfriend (o:

DayPhoto said...

Wow 50 pounds!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Kryna said...

Chocolate chips make it all good!

Dana said...

Oh my I love peanut butter. I ate too many peanut butter cookies yeaterday. Maybe Sunday I will bake a batch of these to take camping with the girlscouts on Monday

Pat MacKenzie said...

Cookies look delicious. Lloyd loves them with raisins and I like a bit of grated orange peel in them. Thanks for the recipe.

Mum-me said...

yummy!!!

I can't even imagine that much oatmeal in one place.

debi9kids said...

HOLY cow! 50 lbs of oatmeal! WOW!
There is an awesome recipe for Award winning meatloaf on the container of Quaker Oats...
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/prize-winning-meatloaf/detail.aspx

We LOVE this recipe :)