Monday, June 8, 2009

What Mama Don't Know.....

....hopefully wont hurt her!!
So tonight I had a little time to waste before I was to be at my brother's house so I thought I'd stop and say Hi to Dirk at his house. While I am talking to a friend of his (in the kitchen) that was telling me I was stuck up cuz I didnt wave at him while he was hanging out of some tree that morning Dirk was busy telling secrets.
Dirk's roommate hollers to him that his mom was there.
Dirk was in the bathroom hollering back -"Dont tell my mom about my BMX". Too late bro. I heard it all. (BMX is a bicycle thats way.too.small for this big strapping kid.)
There stood Chad not knowing what to do. I'm looking back and forth from Pat to Chad. Neither would give me any clues.
Dirk is still hollering repeating himself to make sure I wouldnt be let into the secret oblivious that I heard every word.
Finally Chad said "Aaaaah....its kinda too late. I should of told ya she's in the house already!" I had been there about 5 min already.
Then I heard "OH!" and some mumbling. So I went to investigate.
All I learned was he has more bruises to match the rest on his bruised/cut body. And he does NOT want me to know about it. So I dropped it.
After the scare last week I'm not sure I WANT to know. I know for a fact my nerves certainly dont want to know whats up with him and his BMX. The knot in my stomach is still there and tears spring to my eyes every time I think about it. Or talk about it.
Some things I think us mamas are just best off not knowing.
Maybe.
Maybe?
Anyway he didnt get an ear full (tonight/ YET) of why I really stopped by.
We swapped vehicles for a day. He wanted the suburban to take spectators along on their paintball tournament. I was ok with that.
But what I am not ok with is how horribly my sub smells like cigarette smoke now. He allowed the smokers to smoke in the vehicle. Im sure he will counter back with that the windows were open. Duh! Smoke gets everywhere.
That is a fighting matter to this allergy mama.
Thankfully I only got a small headache that went away when I got in the store but came back whenever I got back in the sub as it reeks!!!
Too bad his mama knows about this one.........
And I get griped at for some invisible crumbs that weren't even there???

4 comments:

Michele said...

I hate hate hate the smell of cigarette smoke. That boy would be doing double time on cleaning that car.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Kids....if they only knew the power a mother has on knowing what our kids are doing at all times they would be scared to death.
Wow..I missed the post on Dirk. Poor kid (and you too), Glad it all turned out OK!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Sometimes I'm glad I didn't know what my kids were up to all the time. No harm, no foul. What mama doesn't know won't hurt her is right. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke in a vehicle too.

grammy said...

Yes... my boys can irk me to death sometimes. That is to funny about him yelling not to tell you. Honey... there are just some things that we do NOT want to know. I would be mad about the smell too.