Friday, September 4, 2009

My Own Birthday Post.....

I have been asked if the kids read their lengthy birthday posts. Answer to that would be YES!
This morning upon hollering(that pay back isnt so fun!!! lol) the birthday song at me to wake me up I was asked by one of them if I was doing a birthday blog on myself. Whatever would I say about my birth?

So here are some family facts of mine-

  • I was born on Labor Day.
  • My birthday hasnt been on Labor Day but for a few times.
  • I am #5 out of 8 children
  • That makes me a middle child shared with another middle child
  • I am the oldest of the younger kids. And I have taken that role seriously..ask my younger sibs.
  • I was the most adorable redhead baby ever
  • I weighed 5lbs and 13oz
  • I've had a nickname for as long as I can remember
  • Mostly my dad and oldest sis called me it.
  • My old sis still does once in awhile and it amazes me how I answer her without a second thought yet when I am called Mrs. R******* I dont answer cuz I dont associate that to me.
  • Nickname is Tinkerbell Lynn aka Tink. Being named after adorable lil Tinberbell proves once upon a time I was a cutie!!
  • I was called Kathryn alot as a small child. I wrote that on my school papers in Kindergarten and first grade. I dont know when it became Kathy but I have never liked it. So when hubs started calling me Kath...I liked it. Embraced it.
  • My oldest sis has red hair.
  • My youngest sis has red hair.
  • Neither of our parents had red hair.
  • I was born in South Dakota.
  • We lived 5 miles from my South Dakota grandparents.
  • We lived hours and hours from my Colorado grandparents.
  • I was almost named Christine after a grandmother.
  • I am made up of Dutch, Swede, and a pinch of German.
  • We lived on an old farmstead out in the middle of a pasture when I was born. I remember nothing of it. I have always understood it called "the old Rust place".
  • I have an antique crib that my parents found there.
  • I do remember at 3 yrs old the "new" house/farm in town. YES! I said in town!! My parents had a dairy farm on the last street on a small town.
  • We had a hip roof house and a straight peaked barn.
  • I have 4 sisters- 3 older/1 younger
  • I have 3 brothers- 1 older/2 younger
  • These are all facts
  • May be some sarcasms included
  • But yet true facts

Off to spend the day with the kids that dont have school today. They are taking me out on the town for whatever I want to pay for!( That was out of the mouth of a college kid so I will cut him some slack this time.)

10 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Can I call you Tink?

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mum-me said...

Happy Birthday Kath!!!

Very interesting to read all the little bits of info about you.


I think Tink is a cute nickname.

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Kath. Hope you have a good one.

Renata said...

Happy Birthday Kath!!
I enjoyed reading these facts about you!
Hope you had a lovely day!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Is Kathryn your real name? I've often wonder. Great post. I learn alot about you.

Hope you had a fun day on the town even if it cost Daryl big time. Thats what B-days are for.

Kath said...

I had a fun day out on the town but it wasnt me that cost him dearly!!! We finally bought a wedding gift for Maria n James!!!

Yesterday I went out with my mom and we had pedicures. That was livin it up!!! lol

Corky and Kay said...

Happy birthday. You have a wonderful time. Hope Zach can get the disc to download or whatever. younger minds work better than us older minds that need a recorder... so Corky says... when I wander about the house saying ..did I mention what I was looking for.... hahaha. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

wow.. my bday's tomorrow... no wonder we think alike :) Happy and blessed one for you

gp

Pat MacKenzie said...

Happy birthday Kath. I loved reading about you. My SIL is a Catherine who became Cathy but now is Cath. I like it.

Anonymous said...

I must correct you on one of your points! I happen to think/know I was the most adorable redhead baby ever. Baby Sister