Thursday, October 15, 2009

Such A Sweetheart.......

Our hearts have been with Cindy lately since hearing she has cancer. She had surgery on Monday.
Surgery is not fun for anyone. Ever. But for a Downs Syndrome person it has its extra difficulties.
This girl is such a sweetheart. Always smiling and full of love! And to have to endure what she has all her life and now has cancer. Having to go through surgery without being able to understand it all. Not being able to tell the doctors and nurses what she is feeling.
Its been tough on her parents that are the dearest sweetest people I have ever met.
Cindy came home from the hospital yesterday but today she is not doing well at all her dad says. The heartbreak in his voice is very heavy.
Prayers. Prayers. Prayers.

9 comments:

grammy said...

I can't imagine how hard that would be for her and her parents. Prayer went up.
Who knows, maybe we will meet someday (o:

DayPhoto said...

Prayers forsure!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Dana said...

I will keep her in my prayers. God does amazing work:) The chicken and dumpling is so easy, just make chicken soup and add bisquick dumplings the recipe is on the back of the box. To make the soup just boil thighs with carrots, celery and onions and add some store bought chicken stocke then shred the chicken bring soup back to a boil and drop dumpling mixture. I like the add parsley to the top of the dumplings and salt and pepper ofcourse. Its real easy:)

Mum-me said...

I'll remember Cindy in my prayers.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Oh, my heart goes out to Cindy and her family and she is in my prayers.

Dana said...

Kath, I just finished baking your coconut cookies, Im taking them to a ladies church fellowship this afternoon. I tasted one and they are delicious:)

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a hard thing for Cindy and her family to endure. Our nephew Mark has a 12-year old Downs son who is absolutely loved by all who know him. Those children are blessed with the sweetest spirits and unconditional love to give. My prayers go out to Cindy and her family.

Chris said...

Oh my goodness, how sad. It must have been so scary for Cindy and hard on her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Renata said...

Praying along with you. How difficult for both sweet Cindy & her parents.