Thursday, December 17, 2009

Aaah.....

Have I ever told ya that I love blogging? Ever?

Well, in case you missed it......I do!

Not that I ever blogged about it but Mountain Woman must have known that my young dishwasher had sprung a leak. Since Thanksgiving (when my brother noticed the rather large puddle) we have been observing "Dishwasher Appreciation Month" by wash dishes manually!! Of all the horribleness anyway!!

Then the other day I recieved a lil bloggy love in the mail. I answered a question and therefore entered into a "secret giveaway" over at an awesome blog-Red Pine Mountain Woman.

Really? How did she know we were in need of towels??

They are very nice and soft and will be getting way too much use. And they were made by a blogger- Vixens Den- who has an etsy shop!!!

To be without a dishwasher is a eye-opening-experience we dishwasher people need once in awhile. We need to see once in awhile how much time that awesome contraption saves us!!

Thank you, Mountain Woman!!!!


Another thing that has happened lately is we heard back from Mayo Clinic concerning Tessa's medical records review. The huge packet of medical records and the three page letter her and I wrote detailing her health this past year and a skinny review since birth that we sent in for review.

A friend gave me the number and told me to try this out as Tessa needs to be seen there. So I complied all her medical records together of this chronic pain she has suffered with.
according to our insurance Mayo is in our network so we do not need a referral-like local docs do-UGH- as long as it is "necessary care". I will be checking into this more

The review is done by three doctors that they decide needs to see the records. Tessa's records were sent to three "pelvic pain specialists".

The three docs that review the records say yes or no. Yes if they can give more care for the situation. No if they can not.

Two of the doctors recommended Tessa be seen by a gynecologist followed by a minimal evasive surgeon. The third doctor agreed but wants her also seen by Internal Medicine .

But majority rules. So on January 26 Tessa will only be seen by a gynecologist and a surgeon. Possibly followed up with Internal Medicine.

The lady that handles the correspondance with the doctors could only give out so much information. But she did imply that to figure on surgery to follow shortly after the doctor visits. "They" were "disturbed" that Tessa was being "treated" for endometriosis without being certain that is what she has for sure. (Only way to be certain is to go in with a scope.) They were also concerned about the dismissal of the enlarged painful lymph nodes.

We are praying that there will be help for her future struggle with this pain.
For the past ten days Tessa has been free from the chronic pain and living her life like she normally had. She has been a busy lil beaver!! Chomping away at all she has not been able to enjoy.
Other things happening around here...I am going to Omaha,NE today with my mom and a sis. We are going to do some shopping and pick up my Washington sis from the airport which will be spending the next month in South Dakota.
So you dont feel too sorry for us without the use of a dishwasher... Daryl was able to kinda fix it. Now it only leaves a small puddle!!! Will have to break down and call the repair man I guess. :(
Why couldnt of this happened the week prior as the repair man was just here to fix the screeching dryer?
Have a great day!!!

14 comments:

Maria said...

Welcome to my dishwasherless world...sucks huh?

grammy said...

Have a great little outing. Enjoy your company (o:
Love the gift. I have a friend.. real in person friend that I have know for 26 years ( that's her age (o: that won a hundred dollar on Pioneer woman... gives me hope.
Love your towels!
Sorry about your dishwasher!
Glad to hear about the Dr. appointment.

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm so glad Tessa has been pain free for 10 days. What a blessing. I can't even begin to imagine all the protocol and paper work you are going through to get her care.
I don't have a dishwasher :(
So glad you like the towels and thanks so much for your support of my blog.

Michele said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the Tessa's pain will not come back at all. At least someone is sitting up and taking notice.

DayPhoto said...

I just had to buy a dishwasher. I've been washing by hand for awhile. It's nice to get one back in the dishwasher spot.

I'm so happy Tessa is doing better today! I know she isn't well yet but to be pain free is something.

Misty is at the hospital right now to have xrays on Linki's tummy. She is still very sick (the gluetn free helps, but does fix)and in extreme pain.

Sick children as such a worry.

Let us know how the visits go.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Steph said...

What a nice surprise to get those towels! It does pay to be a blogger after all ;)

Glad the ball is rolling with Tessa's doctor drama... hopefully after Jan. 26 there will be no doubt what needs to be done. And I hope the pain stays AWAY!

Have fun in Omaha!! Go to the zoo sometime for me k? :)

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Our dishwasher has been acting up also. Every once in awhile, water just comes pouring out the bottom of the door. So far Gt. has been able to adjust something by the drain and it is good to go again for a while. Just hoping it does not die next week when the whole family is here for Christmas.

Pat MacKenzie said...

We've been having dishwasher problems at daughter Sara's house (where I go every day to look after her 3 kids while she works). The repair guy came on Wed. and cleared a clogged pipe. He said never rinse your dishes first - scrape them off but don't rinse them. If there's nothing for the detergent to work on, it starts corroding the dishwasher lining. Just a bit of info! Glad Tessa's being taken care of.

Mum-me said...

Just came back from a short camping trip where we were, naturally, without a dishwasher. We recruited out two eldest to be the dishwashers for us!

So glad to hear there's a plan to find out the source of Tessa's problems, but sorry to read it was such a hassle to get it organised. Hope the problem can be diagnosed and treated quickly and easily.

Stephanie said...

Great to hear of 10 pain free days for your daughter!

I hope you get that dishwasher fixed soon :)

DayPhoto said...

I love your new header!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Is your Header picture of your own goodies? Looks amazing!

Renata said...

Glad Tessa is going well & will be seen. Hopefully she can get a more conclusive diagnosis.
My dishwasher leaked yesterday, but I think something must have been stuck in the seal (it's really old - from the 80's at least).
Hope you & your family have a lovely Christmas!

Corky and Kay said...

Seems things keep breaking here too all at the same time. Hope the docs help tessa. Have a blessed Christmas.