While looking for a photo to send in for publication in a small WY magazine I came across alot of green. So my eyes that have been blinded by all the white surrounding us the last several months feasted and feasted on all the green in all the photos I took this summer in WY.
Then I came upon these pictures of bale stacking and realized I am months late on a promise to my cousin who wanted to see how that odd piece of equipment aka "stacker wagon" worked.
Now my cousin, Sheila, is a blog stalker. She checks in regularly then instead of typing in a comment she calls me and shares her thoughts. I like her kind of blog-stalking!
She will be surprised to see these photos albeit months and months later than expected. But as she also has been living in a white snow encrusted world I think she will relish seeing green also!!!
The art of bale stacking.
To the farmer's wife that has grown weary of the white world we reside in the real art in these photos is the green that represents warmth.
Any volunteers for the summer run of stacking?
9 comments:
I give up. Were not getting snow so I guess Im going to have to drive to it. It turns out the closest ski resort is only 65 miles away. Thanks for posting picks for me:)
I am so ready for the first cutting of hay!!!! Lift, thud, stack....
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I have never seen anything like that. That is pretty cool. Those are great pictures.
I hope you get some green grass soon. We don't get snow here, almost all of the lawns are a golden brown color. lol
Love your story telling. You can make anything come to life.
Even without snow the Green really looks wonderful.
The skunks are out in full force down here so that can only mean spring is not far off. YES!
When you start posting photos from the summer you are getting really tired of the snow aren't you? Can't hardly blame you. You've had more than your fair share of snow.
very interesting lesson
I too miss the green
I have been thinking I should post a mexico picture to warm me up (o:
Well the throwing of the hay bales I used to do is different from the way you guys do it now. Seems way easier. Good thing times have chnaged in that area of farming. I bet the green does look good after all that snow. I know my brothers talk about the snow they have.
No airplanes for this lady, no, no, no. Im afraid to fly.
I told my hubby that I was going to leave him the kids and the animals and Im going to South dakota. he said I had to take the bus. LOL
Post a Comment