Our 4th of July weekend wasn't the most festive of holidays.
Friday- We found the source of the water leak in the basement. Had our city maintenance guy and a plumber sweating. But they were able to change the leaking piece without breaking any pipes which would of forced us to dig in new water lines. That was a very stressful several hours!!
Saturday-
The local derby that the boys must attend every year was an exciting one I heard.
Clark and Seth hitched a ride with Pete who was bringing a load of hay back here for a hay sale.
Tessa joined up with Maria and James to attend a parade. Then she came home and sat with me. Then she was off to attend a church service she was invited to.
I was not the smartest person in the world. I strapped on ice packs, took Motrin, and drove to the big city to get groceries for WY and pick up the boys. While in Sam's Club the pinching pain came back with a vengeance.
When I met up with the boys we seen two towns fireworks displays.
Sunday-
Tessa and Seth attended the church she went to the evening before.
Zach went to our church where his girlfriend attends.
Clark stayed home with me and made Zuppa Toscana. He also finished putting together the Cream Puff dessert that Zach and Seth assisted with too.
Maria and James came for lunch and to hang out for the day.
Daryl finished up baling the nite before and then it rained so he came home. When he arrived home he took me to the ER.
Doc gave me injections of two pain meds and a muscle relaxer. I became "Dopey" instantly.
Daryl and the boys set up a bed for me in the living room. I no longer have to go up and down steps to lay down. Its awesome says my ever aching back.
Monday-
I am not exactly sure what all happened as I slept the entire day away. When I awoke in the evening the kids were all off having fun.
Our date night was pizza and a walk along the garden. Then back to bed for me.
Tuesday-
Everyone headed back to work. Including myself with the assistance of Tessa. Without the help of the pain meds as they wipe me off my feet. If I worked while on pain meds who knows where the truckers would end up at!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
6 comments:
Take care of yourself! Glad you are able to stay out of the heat as well. Unusual temps we are having, right??
Jane
You rest. That is what's going to work.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Like the new look.
Any relief in sight?
Oh man! You have been laid low. What does the doc say? Take very good care of yourself.
oh my goodness
I missed a few posts and now am caught up
so sorry about your back....no more weeding...yikes
hope you did not send any trucker to Timbuktu (o:
you sure have had an exciting or just eventful few days...take it easy.
The lady that lived here before me planted wood vine...oh my gosh...it looks like a rain forest here with all the rain we have had...you can't get rid of it. Also mint....what a pain...it takes over. I am not a gardener person...I just try to stay slightly above the weeds (o:
Take care Kath. The 'festive' can happen later.
Post a Comment