Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Boys Must Eat......


The guys around here have been feeling deprived as mom is off being a grandma!! And leaving them to fend for themselves!!

Today being I didnt have to be over helping Maria so bright and early this morning I made up some goods for the guys. And its "boy food" too!!

Chili and cornbread.

And some peantbuttery oatmeal bars for snack.

Should keep them happy for at least two meals this week! I cant keep up with these forever eating men!! And the amount of milk they go through is ridiculous!!

Maria and I made up meals for her freezer but we didnt make any for mine!! Next grandbaby I will attempt to remember to stock my freezer too!

Daryl and the boys(after school) have been busy baling up cornstalks for farmers in South Dakota and Iowa. A couple weeks ago Daryl and Dirk loaded up their trailers and brought home some of our hay equipment to SD to work on this next adventure for them.
So being they have been very busy there is no time for them to throw together some quick meals for themselves.
Daryl hasn't had time to get the camper home with all my crockpot recipes in it as when he isnt baling cornstalks he is trucking the hay we have sold from WY to IA. With all the busy-ness going on right now those true'n tried recipes would really come in handy!!!

Easy Corn Bread

2c. flour

(gluten-intolerant modification 1 1/3 c organic oat flour and 2/3 c tapioca starch)

2c. cornmeal

4 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 c. sugar/honey

2c. milk

1/2 c oil

2 eggs

Whisk the flours very well til they are fluffy.(Thanks Linda for sharing w me how important it is when doing gf baking!) Then add all wet ingredients. Whisk til moist.

Bake at 350* in greased 9x13 pan for 20-25 minutes. Til golden on top and cracks look dry.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Michele said...

good grief! How do you even have time to post? You are superwoman! Now, get out of the kitchen and back to that grandbaby. I want to see more pics.

Bossy aren't I?

Corky and Kay said...

You are right them crockpot things are good piece of kitchen machinery......