Last week's recipe to try was PW's Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi. Because it was a simple recipe.
So simple in fact that when I didnt have time to make it myself that Clark made it.
In the process of throwing it all together Maria and I stopped our work and went in the kitchen to oversee and help him finish it up..if needed.
I had Clark read the entire post about the process rather than just the recipe. So we just asked him what needed to be done.
Upon our arrival to the kitchen he had milk heating, pasta cooking, cheeses ready, parsley ready to chop, bowls and silverware out, and garlic bulbs ready.
Then this happened.....
Maria- "What do you need done with the garlic?"
Clark- " Oh that needs to rubbed in the bowls."
Maria- "Huh?"
Me- " Rub them around well in the bowls for a subtle garlic flavor."
Maria- "Like how?"
Clark- "Violently. Just rubbed the bowls violently with the garlic!"
pause...
Clark-" Thats what its says. Violently!!!"
So the garlic was rubbed in violently. The pasta cooked to perfection. Recipe followed accurately. And enjoyed with gusto.
Changes we will try next time-
- make it with cream instead of milk
- try with different varieties of cheeses
- add the garlic to the cream
***The leftovers were consumed by Dirk, Zach, and I. Definietly needed to be made with cream.
***I think the cheeses Clark used were asiago, cheddar, parmesan, and fontina
3 comments:
Quattro Formaggi, I believe means 4 cheeses. Did the recipe not have 4? Clark is turning out to be a great cook. Want to send him to my house?
It must be a good recipe - the ingredients sound delicious! Well done to Clark for making it!! Had a giggle at the "violently" rubbed garlic!!!
Hope you are keeping well - will enjoy catching up on your blog
Renata:)
WTG Clark!!
Post a Comment