Tonsils.
Dreadful little things for some.
Zach's were fine til April when he had a nasty infection on very enlarged tonsils.
That never went back to normal size.
Eating and drinking became an issue.
Breathing too.
So doctor yanked them out.
Or so it feels like to him.
And looks like to me.
But after a hematoma being removed 7 days ago.
Followed by a bad reaction to his pain meds Sunday morning.
Both required a speedy chase to the hospital 45 miles away.
Zach is doing better than ever.
Dr says he should be out of danger of another hematoma in a few days when the last scabs are off.
That will be a good day for Zach.
And for my rattled nerves and ever greying hair.
Its like living on pins and needles.
Waiting for healing.
Hoping for the best.
Understanding the worst.
Its a scabby way to live...even for a short time.
Since the pain med reaction he has been getting by on just Ibuprofen..when needed.
Holding on.
Just getting through it.
One thing about this all....
Zach will never have bother with those gnarly tonsils again.
Those babies are gone for good!
5 comments:
Sorry to hear that it has been such a rough go with the tonsils lately. I had a really rough time when mine were out too :( Here is hoping for a uneventful remainder of his recovery!
I think Grandparents grey even faster because they have been there and done that before and UNDERSTAND! I'm glad he is doing better and healing.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Go thing for color in a bottle. With your crew, you need to invest in in the company.
A little longer and he'll be all set. I had my tonsils out at 19. Worst experience ever. Though I'm glad I did it.
I think there was some wisdom to the practice years ago of taking out kid's tonsils when they were six years old whether they needed them out or not. My sister and brother had theirs out but somehow I missed that boat. Hope Zack recovers completely soon.
Post a Comment