Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Peek......


The cabin's kitchen "roughed in".
The guys managed to get the cabinets this far for 2011.
To have running water and a sink in the kitchen was awesome!!! Tho I only got to use it for a few days before heading home. Those were a few wonderful times!!
I cut hay for hours while they built cabinets for hours.
I got to listen to XM radio for hours and they got to hear "construction" for hours.
I took a break from cutting to find out that there wasnt an opening for a dishwasher. So that being decided another thing was decided too-ALL hands on deck when needed for dish duty!!
All the cabinets need lots of work done to them yet. Drawers need to be ordered. Hardware needs to be found and purchased. Shelves need to be hung to replace wall cabinets. a bookshelf needs to be built in the corner on the desk.
An old painted screen door needs to be found to go on the pantry. Whatever color I can find the old treasure in!!
Upon seeing the desk you can get a glimpse of what the 10 foot table Daryl is building will resemble.
Once the cabinets are all put in the next big task is what are we going to do with the floor?!?!?!?

7 comments:

grammy said...

Wow
it looks huge...
I love it. I like the idea of an old screen door (o:
soooo are you all back and staying back? Or will you be going to the cabin again?

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

We will be going back soon. Either to cut hay again or to move equipment back to Sd for the fall work.
The fun continues!

Michele said...

Good grief! that almost looks like a real kitchen!

D said...

wow, it looks nice.
Is this going to be our "hay cutting cabin"or something more permanent?

Pat MacKenzie said...

It's the most spacious 'cabin' I've ever seen. You'll be so comfortable there when it's all done.

Terry and Linda said...

I've been saying it's not a cabin, more like a house! LOVELY!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/

Stephanie said...

Wow!! Looks like it is going to be an amazing kitchen!!