So I have not been posting like I said I would be.
But then again I haven't been planted at the computer dispatching like I said I would be either.
See when Daryl had dispatched himself loads to Utah and back he had time to THINK.
Which sometimes over our married years has not been a good thing.
But sometimes it is!
When a decision has FINALLY been made after months and months of indecision its a relief to finally know the where/what/when. The checkbook always tells the why..in case you were wondering why that one was left out!! That one has been settled!
Daryl didnt know what he wanted to do as for trucking over the winter non-farming months. He looked into a few options but they all had some major drawbacks.
So he decided to do what we have been doing for the past four years-dispatch ourselves! But over the past two years that has changed. Less money. More stress with the loads/brokers. Higher fuel costs. Etc.
Then he got on the road to Utah and had time to think. Hours on his hands.
The good thing was he had.finally.made.a.decision!!!!!!
He and Zach "teamed" up in our ol KenW pulling a "bull rack" aka cattle trailer for a local trucking company. They have critters on the move.
They have been busy boys ever since. One of the two stops at home were not even long enough to get two loads of clothes washed and dried! Or see the two boys that were at school. The other stop at home Daryl was able to spend two hours with the boys.
Then yesterday Daryl was home all day. I had plans for the day. Boys were at school all day. Basketball practice. So its been slim on the family time since him and Zach hit the road.
So I should have lots of bloggy time? Yes and no.
I would but I have been on the go. Being I am not dispatching then I am going to get some much needed projects taken care of that have been on my to-do list for a long while.
Buy new family room furniture. DONE!!!! Yippity skippity!
Remove wallpaper in living room. With my sister's assistance...done!
Remove acoustic(popcorn) finish off all ceilings on main floor. Done ..with sis's help!
Find a drywall dude to refinish the ceilings and do wall repairs. Done.
Wait on drywall dude to get back here and finish already. Doing!
Get paints chosen. There has been some progress.
Have sample paints now. Will make decision soon.
Get all the rooms painted. Waiting.
Get carpet cleaned. Waiting on that.
Get rid of old worn furniture. TOO EXCITED!!!
Get new furniture delivered. Excited EXCITED!
Find window coverings. Ugh
Decorate. Excited!
Clean all closets. Ugh
Paint all closets. Refreshing.
Time to enjoy it all!!
By that time..... it will be time to get Clark's graduation set up!!
One thing I haven't even contemplated like alot of other bloggers is pull the plug on this blog!
I WILL be back.
Soon.
4 comments:
As usual, reading your blog post leaves me feeling utterly exhausted! I do so know what you mean about hubby finally making a decision - we have issues like that too. Hope to see some photos of your renovation once it's all done .... good luck!!
Do you ever take time to just sit and rest. You have more projects on the go than I'd want to do in a year. More power to ya.
Since I've retired I been much of what you are doing. It feels really good. Like you I've noticed that more and more people are leaving blog world for facebook.
Not I, I shall remain.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Wow
lots of changes..
good things i guess (o:
Time to do stuff you have probably been dreaming about...good for you.
Yes ... some bloggers have shut the door... probably moved to face book... not sure I like fbook that much though.
Post a Comment