Dirk and his rig
Last night we had a super dooper poop scooping event.
We finally got the manure hauled to my sister's garden.
And some to my cousin's.
Last week we got the manure put on our garden then the storms and all the rain hit.
So we had a trailer of poop setting out there waiting to be scooped.
When Clark, Seth, and I arrived home there was our work to do. Like homework, studying for test, reading, PowerPoint, and menu planning for the weekend in WY.
But our work was on hold cuz the above ginormous poop wagon was at our house.
And it wouldn't leave.
It talked and talked.
Chatted some more.
It wormed its way upstairs waaay past our bedtime to talk some more paintball.
The non-resident poop scooper was told to shut off all lights and lock the door when he leaves.
11:13pm on a school night.
11:13pm on a school night.
But make sure he leaves first!!
Life has changed around here lately.
Use to be Clark and Seth were the kids hanging around here on weekends.
Now they are long gone having a blast while I find Dirk and Zach here more often. Messing with something. Repairing something. Always seems to be up to something...here!
These are the same kids that were always gone having a blast...just a few short years ago!
In fact on Saturday night both Dirk and Zach were here. So the three of us went up town to our local steakhouse.
Our waitress, knowing who we are, a mom and two adult sons, asks how we are going to split the check. I pipe up, "These two are going to fight it out as they are taking me out tonight!".
Throughout the meal the table next to us kept staring at us. Turning all the way around to see who we were, etc. I assumed it was because of all the interesting trucking stories these two truckers were telling their mama. You know each story got more interesting as they were trying to one up the other. Brothers forever in competition!
When our very enjoyable chatty meal was finished we made our way to the door.
Unknown to us we had the diners at the table confused the whole time because I sat in the booth by Zach, I gave Dirk half my meal, Dirk paid for the meal, and held the door open for me!!
As we were exiting the building the intoxicated curious diners made a few comments about how nice Dirk was to hold the door open for his girlfriend!!!!
HAHAHA!!! HAHAHA!!!!
I, his mama, thought it was hilarious....Dirk...well he was in shock to have someone think his old mama was his girl!!!
I think its super dooper hilarious!
Off to get my house super dooper organized as graduation is in 11 days!
EEEK!
2 comments:
What a fun time with your boys. And how nice that you're mistaken for one of their girlfriends! Way to go Grandma. Yuck to the manure truck!!
How much fun to be mistaken for a kid!!!
That won't happen here with me that is for sure!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Post a Comment