Our home away from home is getting a little more done. With a few garage sale finds hung on the walls the guys say it makes the cabin "homey".
Mission accomplished.
We now have the table done.
Wood dried for 1 year. Sanded. Built. And sealed with varnish.
The counter tops also are done and now can be used.
I have a sink and faucet to use now!!
WOO! HOOO!
No more wash tub on a table!!
Screen door was found and hung on pantry.
Shelf was made and varnished.
And,of course, filled with garage sale finds.
Pete & Shar rolled up in the semi Tues late afternoon just as we finished putting on a coat of headache inducing stinky stuff on the wood tops. Shar shared her expertise on woodworking and saved our WEEK!
Daryl was at the hardware store the next morning at 8am buying what Shar recommended. Clark and I lathered on several coats of that stuff. Topped it once more with the stinky stuff.
Waited 12 hours and put the place back together once again.
And then visitors arrived!!
Tubster, with bottle to play catch with, was ready for them too!
6 comments:
Looks wonderful - especially that gorgeous table. I want one!!
It is really coming along. BTW, where in WY? I'll be briefly passing through there in late July.
Terry and I enjoyed seeing this! Well, done!!!!!!
You have a cool eye for decor
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I LOVE the table! I'm crossing my fingers for a kitchen remodel this year and I'd love to do a table like yours.
Wow...love it all. The table is wonderful...it all is. Love the screen door on the pantry... but I would have to keep it clean all the time...no problem for you I am sure (o:
Love, love the table. great job!
Post a Comment