Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Heat Is On....

I know you need heat to dry the hay.
I know that Wyoming with its desert like dryness is generally warmish.
I know you need heat with the water to grow the hay.
I know it takes heat to get a suntan.
I know it takes heat to make ice water drink so well.

We have had an abundance of it out here in Wyoming.
So the first cutting of hay is almost finished thanks to heat.
The alfalfa is starting to grow again thanks to heat.

I am hoping that the good sunburn I got while running from field to field keeping the working guys with fresh cold ice water with turn into a suntan.

A redhead can only hope.

Being the heat is still on I can keep working on that ...umm...tan.

Stay cool wherever you are!

4 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

In general I think heat is highly overrated - all it does is make me cranky, red and sweaty. Maybe that's why I live in Alberta - I don't have to put up with too much heat. I go to Arizona for that! I have enough of the redhead in me that I freckle and burn rather than tan, but if enoughof the freckles band together it sometimes looks like a tan!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

it is 108 here, The humidity is only 18% but it feels soooo much worse

Terry and Linda said...

We are finally cooler today!

Terry cuts second cutting next week if the sun comes back!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Pat MacKenzie said...

Me again. When your niece gets married and moves to Lethbridge you should come up and visit her. I'd love to meet you. Stay cool.