I am a mom to four sons.
Four adrenaline junkie sons.
As a mom, my biggest gripe against paintball as a sport was its.so.dang.expensive!
The paintball guns are spendy. The cases of balls of paint are spendy. The paintball fields are a long drive away...spendy. The entrance fees are spendy. All the other equipment they need is spendy.
It can drain a boy's bank account quickly.
After this weekend's big paintball tournament I now have another gripe against it!
Shown in the picture above.
Now its in the same category as dirt track racing, track, football.....any other sports that my sons have been injured at.
Before Daryl and I even arrived at the field the boys had already played their first game of 14 of the day.
Seth stumbled and heard a snap as he dove behind a bunker.
On the way home he was rather proud of his battle wound. But that has waned some since the doctor informed us it was definitely a fracture.
And since the splint has caused discomfort.
And most definitely since there may be surgery in his very near future.
This kid is TERRIFIED of needles. Him and I will both need the same med to get him TO surgery if its needed!
So while he whines about his fracture....I gripe about paintball!
His misery has me for company!
Balls!

1 comment:
While it would be awesome to be able to say to him, "I told you so" it probably be wasting your breath. Boys that age seem to think they are invincible.
Post a Comment