Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Part I Of Roadtrip III 2012.......

 Over the weekend was Brooke and Clark's "6 months of dating anniversary".
They wanted to spend it together...like normally teenagers do. Being Clark was stuck in Wyoming working a road trip was planned.
I offered to drive if she would entertain Ian. (His mama welcomed the break so she could sleep whenever new baby Asher slept. Success!)
Ryan, another teenager, took the trip out there also.
 Amongst some the hay work that had to be done the teens enjoyed going to the sand dunes to ride the quads.
Here the four teens are standing on top of the right butte.
 Three quads and four teens. Worked out great....other than a toddler always wanted to ride off with them!!
 When they returned from the dunes the squirt gun was put to use...again.
First time it was to be used was by Seth and Ryan. They waited for the lovebirds to come back from their midnight quad ride. Waited and waited.
Seth gave up and went to bed. The squirt gun was forgotten.
Til...it was used by the teens as an alarm clock.
Brooke and I got soaked. She didn't shriek loud enough or I would of had my door locked.

 That fun the toddler was right there for!!!
When you would squirt at him he would say no...no! Then I would squirt water on his toes and he would dance and giggle!!
Has to act just like those teens ya know!

Brooke wasn't so sure about the whole farming thing.
She prefers driving the quad versus the swather.
She really didnt find her inner farm girl on her first visit to a hay field.
 But she did love the sand dunes and cant wait to go back.
Asked several times if we could turn around and go back on the way home!!
To celebrate their "anniversary" we put together some "cake" with "candles".
We took two Little Debbie cakes and put the big lighters thru the center of them for candles!!
Its the best we could come up with out in the hayfield.
Tho scared at first when we shut the lights off and then came to them with fire they did enjoy the sentimental treat!!

Coming soon...
Part II of Roadtrip III 2012
and Roadtrip II 2012



3 comments:

Jane said...

Boy, this really looks like loads of fun! I rode an ATV for the first time earlier this summer and absolutely loved it. I hope life is treating you well!

Jane

Michele said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Terry and Linda said...

Those smiles say it all!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com