Sunday, January 27, 2013
Nek'kid........
Here is a good picture of our new home-to-be. A "before" picture prior to new windows and doors.
The living and dining room from the front door.
And the nek'kid kitchen. I cannot wait til its all "dressed" once again.
The nek'kid main bath. I cannot wait til this little dandy is "dressed" too.
Then there is the six-door hallway. We are looking thru the kitchen doorway. The door on the right is the back entry door. The next doorway(yellow wall) was a small pantry that will be a door into the garage. The door at the end of hall is to the half bath/laundry room. Then there are two doors not pictured on the left that lead to the basement and office. The eight foot ceilings made this area very crowded. so we opened the doorway to the ceiling for the kitchen door and the basement entrance.
Also having a door into the garage from the interior of the home will be nice. Now you have to walk out the back door and then into the garage.
This was creepy freaky bedroom that is in the basement. I cannot wait for this spacious family/rec room to be complete. Seth's bedroom is approximately that size too. He has lots of space to set up. I like a few of his ideas that he's tossing around.
Last but definitely not least is the nek'kid tiny basement bath that is getting a major makeover. It will be about tripled in size from what the crowded little space was. If all Daryl's plans for this gem come to be this will be an awesome full bath with a cool walk-in shower.
You have no clue how much I am looking forward to this project being completed. Its been hashed and hashed over since the first time we seen the place.
I cannot wait to see the finished project!!
So there is the post-demo(some left to do in the baesment bath) pictures of our nek'kid house. With four walls removed. Bath walls removed and hauled out one garbage bag at a time. Cleaned up. Garage filled with debris. Dumpster loaded to the gills. Garage empty once again. Ready for holding the goods for the "dress-up".
Ian said it best when he seen the house all nek'kid. "Oh. Oooh".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What fun...you are getting to create it the way YOU want! How are you going to like living in the City? Or should I say a different part of the world?
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
I am very much looking forward to living in the city. There is not much going on in Tiny Forgotten Town.
It was a great place to raise a family but nothing else here after they are all moved on.
Well I guess Dirk will be here...when he is not out on the road!
Look at all your wind blown snow!!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Wow. You gutted the whole house, and left a biffy in the dining room I see. It'll be a huge job but you'll have just what you want and you'll love it. Good for you.
Post a Comment