Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Clark's Culinary Skills........


When Clark was a wee tot he would have nightmares cuz he didn't know how to cook.This went on for years. His nightmare was that he would starve cuz the family all left and he was left alone. So he begged me to teach him how to cook.

Well one day I had him make cookie dough. He was quite skillful and made a successful batch of cookies. That was the end of all cooking lessons he thought he needed cuz now he KNEW how to survive on his own. He could always make cookie dough! So there were no more requests for any cooking lessons. And thankfully the nightmares ended.

But then we taught him how to make one of his favorite foods......chili.I think HE could eat this year round.

He has a major complaint about the way I make chili.When I make it I add a quart of home canned whole tomatoes. I love the big chunks with the chili sauce on them. YUM. But, Clark ,he will dissect his entire bowl til every resemblance of a piece of tomato is gone. Juice is ok. So therefore he learned how to make it his own way.

But this same kid who refuses to eat any portion of a tomato in soup or hotdish will eat them raw. He will share a tomato with me. I love fresh tomatoes slices with sugar on them. He likes to eat the end slices with sugar. Go figure??

Here is his favorite famous chili-

First you go to Aldi's and buy most of your ingredients-
4 cans of chili beans
2 cans of kidney beans
1 can of tomato juice
1 packet of chili seasoning

Add- 1 1/2 lbs of browned ground beef
chili powder

Let simmer til you are ready to eat.

We all have different ways to eat our chili. Clark likes to eat his with cheese and crackers. Maria on the other hand likes to put a dollop of sour cream in hers with cheese. Most of us like to top it with cheese and dunk a slice of bread in it.

We all thoroughly enjoy it whenever he gets the urge to cook Keep up the good work ,Clark!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clarkie,
It sounds delish!! Bring some to Grandma's house when you come for Christmas!

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

ok i will do that i will make sure

clarkie