Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Survivor........

I will confess...I am a SURVIVOR fan- big time. I am not sure why. I just am. Have been since the very first season.

I could never go on the show. I cannot tolerate extreme heat and dehydration(kidney stones). I cannot live with some of the wild life they always have on the island. I would never get away with a lie. I need my sleep. I am so not a swimmer. I sunburn when I am in the sun for 20 minutes. The thought of living in the same clothes for 39 days about makes my skin crawl. They don't supply a generator so I could do something with this head of hair. And I do NOT look good in a bathing suit. Need I say more.....

But that probably sums up why I am fascinated with the show?

I love seeing how they interact. I like to try to guess what strategic move they will make next. I love watching the competitions. I find all the different challenges they come up with cool and fascinating. The reward challenges are awesome. I like to see how they receive the different rewards. Their true character is usually revealed at that point. With a belly full of food and always an alcoholic beverage to indulge on they make a point of trying to over impress the others.

I really question the producers choice of people sometimes tho. Some you really wonder where they came from. And you want them to please go back there soon!! Most are just your normal people. I do get disgusted when they put on someone that really did not want to come on the show but they were picked by a scout. They usually seem to just waste the spot for someone that would make an effort to do the show right. And are not good tv as far as I am concerned.

Survivor China was one of the better seasons. I really did not want Todd to win. But Amanda botched it for herself at the final tribal council. Instead of telling her strong points she went on and on with the longest face about how she wronged Denise , PG and James. Well ,hello! They knew that already. It is how she outwit them .Outplayed them. I think up to that point she had a big chance of winning the game but then......... Of course I do not like it that Courtney won even a dollar. She was chosen by a scout(and it paid off for her) but she never once "played" the game. She was only the weak bodied extra vote. Not the way I would like to win anyway. But, hey, I couldn't do it. So kudos to them all!!!

I am not the only one out there that loves the show. My cousin ,Sheila, does too. Our families get together and have a SURVIVOR Finale party. What fun!!

Any other Survivor fans out there??

No comments: