Sunday, March 2, 2008

Honk.Honk...........


We are desperate for spring here.
Very desperate.
To see some snow melt even if it means mud.
To see the big snow piles diminish some.
To see bare ground again.
To see a hint of green on that bare ground.
To see a tulip try to peek thru the cold ground.

I realized how we are soo hoping for a just hint of spring this morning.

We were sitting around just taking a moment.
Daryl and I were talking with Tessa.
We were discussing very important stuff.
Like ....her date the evening before.
What time Jacob left.
Confirming the time we expect boy to leave and her to get to bed.
Her school work that she had to makeup when ill.
Also her summer plans.
And our summer plans.
All very important topics.


In the middle of it all Tessa says -
"Stop! I hear the geese! They are coming back!"
We took a moment to stretch our ears to hear the geese and know that spring is right around the corner........somewhere!
For a fleeting moment I thought she was trying to direct us off subject.
But we are all that excited to have just a hint of spring here!

Then we were right to taking care of those pesky topics.


No comments: