Happy Birthday,Rochelle!
She's a great auntie!!
The summer she was 15 yrs. old she spent in Wisconsin with us.
It was the summer that I was adjusting to be a mommy of 5, a homeschooling mom, and a truckers wife.
She was my "helper". Quite a task for a young girl.
She would always be in charge of Clark (3 mos. old) whenever we went out.
Til Clark was a year old he had red hair to match his auntie's beautiful, stunning, gorgeous red hair.
So being I had my hands full with a two year old and three other kids people always assumed that Chelle was a teenage mom. Much to her dismay.
It was also the summer she grew to an astonishing 5 feet tall!!
And not another inch.
She announced it with great enthusiasm at the Oshkosh Air Show while jumping up and down.
She thought herself to finally being tall enough to be an adult.
That summer she learned how to drive.........in the Nova.
We made many trips to the pool with her driving. And we made it back!!
Its also the summer the quote "Daryl must think I'm a bird" started.
We tried a new diet that year and it made for many funny stories.
We tried foods that I am sure she has never tried again or cares to!
She also learned that she never needs to go camping again. Tents plus tornadoes equals disaster. It was one long soggy night with 7 wet, dripping people stuck in a minivan for the duration of the night. We didn't tent it the rest of that trip. But we made it to the Mall of America so it was worth it!
She was quite the helper with the garden and preserving.
Again much to her dismay!
When she was a newborn she had colic. So my contribution to trying to help out was to give her three wheeler rides. She would always fall asleep. But once you started and got her to sleep you had to keep going til she woke up from her nap or else.....
She is my shopping buddy. We can take an Old Navy store by storm. Especially an outlet store!!
There are some certain "lurkers" of my blog that can please hold their comment on that!! haha
The other day she went shopping in Mankato and wanted her buddy along. So she described everything in detail over the phone and I gave her advice sight unseen while sitting at home. It was very cheap for me. In the midst of our shopping spree our older brother called me and rudely interrupted us. When he asked if I was busy I smartly remarked that I was shopping with Chelle. He never did understand what I meant being I was home. So he went on to the next subject.
Best wishes, Miss 4.0, on your masters degree!
You're a special ed teacher that rocks!!
Sorry I didn't come last week to spend a day with you!
Hope you had an enjoyable week and hope to see ya soon.
Love ya,sis!
2 comments:
yeah. I remember roachel learning to drive. those were some jerky corners to and from the swimming pool. haha. Love you Aunt Roachel.
Old Navy shopping with you two is exhausting. I actually get bored shopping at some point!
Love ya and happy birthday chell!
-RIA
Post a Comment