Thursday, September 11, 2008

One Of Those Days.....

While I was trying to get thru my day with a headache due to a lack of sleep Daryl was contending to a headache all his own.
I order peaches and pears each year from Colorado. This year my sister took over the ordering for me and her friends as I did not think I would be home when they were to arrive. So I thought I was getting out of running the 45 miles for them. No such luck. I ended up going to get the fruit.
Being I was out running around I tried to get some other errands completed. The returns at Kohl's went great. But the stop at Verizon to have my new faulty Jawbone replaced did not go so well. (That is a long grumpy tale not for today.)
I was also able to meet up with my mom, oldest sister, her four daughters, and my great nephew for lunch. So there was a bright spot in my day. Besides getting scrumptious peaches!!
Then the dreaded call came from Daryl.
He has a load of Gatorade on from Phoenix headed to Salt Lake City. And he was stopped along the interstate. He didnt even make it to Flagstaff and the truck just shut off going down the road.
He had it towed into a shop and the verdict will be given tomorrow but it looks like the truck just needs a "break".
We knew by running an older truck with over 1 million miles on it that it had the possibilites of wearing out. You just never know where or when it will happen. And there is just never a good time for it to happen.
It has been a good truck to us. So we must be nice back to it as we ask alot out of it daily.
Well so much for me getting a good nights sleep tonight!!! Hopefully Seth will tho as going back to school today went well but tuckered him right out.

7 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Sounds like a rough day. Poor Daryl. I know of a cute blue Kenworth just sitting here dieing to do an honest days work. Talk to the big GR if you need it.

Anonymous said...

He would rent it from you in a heart beat if it was not so far away!!!
Thinking of renting a truck to finish out this weeks loads and get next weeks done.

Michele said...

That Phoenix to Flagstaff is a pretty good uphill climb. It's not surprising that if a truck decided to go out it would be there. Of course, there is no where to stay either. Kind of an insult to injury thing. Hope all goes well with the truck, Daryl, Seth, and the gang.

Anonymous said...

Oh! NO! I always have a soft spot in my heart and mind for all the long-haul truckers on the road. Our son hauled for years, had a couple of really narrow escapes one from a car that cut him off as it was passing, another when a load shifted and toppled him over.
Scarrrrrry!

Anyway, hope it gets fixed soon!

Also, I love your site, may I link you onto my site?

LindaGay
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Michele said...

Thanks for the comment of my blog today. I look forward to them.

The beer bread has a bunch of things going for it; easy, quick & yummy! Yeah for beer bread.

L is coming for dinner tomorrow night. It will be more than I can stand to not play mom. Her mom is in Virginia. Doesn't she need one here too?

Tell Daryl to hang in there. At least the weather is cooler. Could be worse; it could be late June. UGH!How long does he think he will be stuck here?

Anonymous said...

Michele- Daryl thought it was croaking hot there now!!
We hope to have an idea at the end of the day of what direction we will take to fix the problem. So not sure how long he will be there yet.
To overhaul a big engine usually takes a week. Providing they have everything on hand.

debi9kids said...

I hope things look up a bit more for you without the headaches! ;)