Friday, October 24, 2008

A Focus On A Positive.......

All six kids have me stressing for one reason or another. Its just keeps piling up. So I have to focus on some positives rather than the negatives that too will pass in time.

So a positive that needs my attention right now is Tessa's All State Chorus Concert next weekend. The tickets are ordered. Everyone has been informed. She needs formal attire.
She could wear her prom dress from this spring but.......the dress has a small train on it. Small train, high heels, and risers dont mix for this mom. So we have been shopping for the upcoming event. Tonight after school we(her and I without boys) are going to check out a few more places.

Tessa loves to sing and stays very busy with it. She takes vocal lessons, is in the All State Chorus, school chorus, the church chior and also is working on all the pieces for contest. Calculate that and it means she is gone alot. Recently she has sang our national anthem at a game. And she sang in church and brought tears to our eyes..again!
She is always getting compliments. But yesterdays was delivered a little different than most!

I was in the local Walmart shopping all by myself. Minding my own business. Here comes this gal hollering "OMG! Your daughter..." quite loud I must add. I know this Walmart employee but I turned around to see who she was hollering at as I was alone. For once I did not have a child with me dismantling their organized shelves. Well, she was talking about Tessa. She had heard her sing "like an angel" and how "they just cant stop talking about it" and "how beautiful her voice is" . This lady attended the volleyball game and heard Tessa's beautiful acappella version of that great song. I accepted the compliment on Tessie's behalf while the whole area learned that the red haired lady in checkout 3 has a daughter that can sing like a bird.
While you are all getting questions for me to answer next week we will be finishing up the shopping for Tessa, attending a rally for Sarah Palin, and entertaining dinner guests.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

OMgosh! Isn't that just awesome! My son Alex is our resident "singer" and is actually singing a solo this Sunday at church. So nice when they use their talents for good, huh?

ps VERY jealous about you seeing Sarah tomorrow! VERY JEALOUS!!!

Mum-me said...

How proud you must have felt to have that compliment paid to your daughter - and for the whole shop to know too! Music is a whole other world.