Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Days......




...are here again!!
On Friday Daryl finally made it down to Arizona to pick up Kenworth and left Volvo behind.
Daryl said that when he pulled into the parking lot where Kenworth was that he is sure it was smiling at him. I think it was Daryl smiling to see Kenworth again!!! He is back in his "home sweet home away from home".
In our 16 years of trucking this is one of his favorite trucks that he has ever had. And its not even a Peterbilt. Thats saying alot if you know Daryl at all.
They must of done a superb job on the overhaul as he is unloading(pasta) in Washington this morning. He has pulled a few hills between AZ to WA. Now we hope we can get the good fuel mileage back to where it was before.
The next thing on the agenda is to find the time for Daryl and I to fly down to AZ to pick up the Volvo. Of course we would like to spend a day or two sightseeing as I have never been there. And have always wanted to go. And maybe even see the family we both have there.
Off to check my schedule and tickets.....

8 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Where in Arizona is the Volvo? I like Arizona. I've lived there. Twice, actually.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Yeah! Bet he is enjoying his ride. Hope you can make the time for the trip soon.
Life is good...

Anonymous said...

CindyDianne- The truck is in Flagstaff but we would fly into Phoenix. Any ideas on the must-see places?


Evonne- Where would be half way for us to meet?? Just an idea. Email me as I lost your addy when the old computer crashed.

Michele said...

Yeah Daryl!

This is a great time to be in AZ. The weather is cooling down and there aren't any dust storms. Flagstaff will be cold though so bring a jacket.

Jr doesn't believe it but I use every cookbook I own. Just not all at the same time.

I haven't read much by Lavyrle Spencer. I'll pick one up or even better I'll check one out from the library. I'm more of a Julia Garwood fan along with Linda Howard, Jayne Ann Krentz, and Sandra Brown. Oh my the list just goes on. You'll want a good book for the trip down here because there is plenty of prairie between us and you.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

How cool! What a great adventure!

Blessings!
Lacy

DayPhoto said...

YEAH! The truck is back! Yeah, on a vacation for you!

I enjoyed your quirks!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

debi9kids said...

YIPPEE! Glad he has his "baby" back :)

CindyDianne said...

In Phoenix? Not so much. But, Sedona is up in the Northern part of the state with Flagstaff. Definately go there. It's something. If you have time, take a Jeep tour or something like that. OH OH OH, a hot air balloon ride at dawn. :-D

The ski mountain is right there in Flag. Take the chair lift up, if it is open. And, of course, the Grand Canyon isn't far from Flag either.

It's a gorgeous place for sure.