Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Flighty Visitors........



We have feathered visitors!!
They are loving the sunflowers that we loved all summer.
I fully intended to process the seeds for us to eat. But the birds got to them before I did.
And they seem to enjoy them! And I enjoy watching them.
But what some flighty lil buggers. It took me over an hour standing by the window with the camera in place to catch these two! My arms were aching but it was worth it!
I hope they come back soon and often.

11 comments:

DayPhoto said...

If I tried to shoot through my house windows, or car windows all you would see would be spots!

Great photos!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

CindyDianne said...

oh, that is so cool! And, I do mean COOL, maybe COLD. UGH! This is exactly why I can't move to Manitoba!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Beautiful feathered friends you've got there!!!!

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

that is cool. what kind of bird is that bottom one. i dont think it is a red headed woodpecker.

DIRK

Anonymous said...

Dirk- Of course its a woodpecker!!! Its a red bellied woodpecker!

Probably decendents to the one that Zach detested as it woke him up every morning. But then all of a sudden mysteriously stopped its joyous noise. Later we witnessed the young cats being quite the hunters. Lessened the cat food bill but took away the music.

grammy said...

I love your little birdies...I want cute little birdies...guess I need to actually put up the birdhouse I intended to. This fall I got a picture of a mountain bluebird and I worked hard to get it, so I know what you mean.

Renata said...

Lovely pictures - well done for persevering there to get them!

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love blue jays and don't see nearly enough of them up here - they're my favorite wild birds.

Mum-me said...

Well I was going to ask what sort of birds they are, but from readin your comments I have gathered they are a blue jay and a red bellied woodpecker. We don't get those here!

I can get a bit obsessed like that - waiting for the right moment to snap the shutter. It was worth your wait, I think.

Michele said...

Maybe they'll leave you a few for next year. Of course, they won't be where you wanted them planted but that's OK.

Anonymous said...

Michele- Quite often we have " volunteer" plants that we just transplant in the back and then fill in with seed to make it full. Maybe thats half the fun with sunflowers. Other than they are no work at all. And beauties ta boot!