Saturday, November 8, 2008

Forget The Little Debbies...........

Make them yourself! Forget all the preservatives. Enjoy the calories with much better flavor. Now I have never eaten a Little Debbie's Oatmeal pie. But I have been told these are sooo much better and being homemade goodies usually are then I believe them.
Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Cookies-
1 1/2 c. shortening
2 2/3 c. brown sugar,packed
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
4 c. oatmeal
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each. mix in vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in oats.
Bake at 350* on lightly greased cookie sheet for 10-12 min. Let cool.
Filling-
3/4 c. shortening
3 c. powdered sugar
1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1 to 3 T. milk
Cream shortening, sugar, and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to get spreading consistency.
Spread filling on bottom half of cookie. Top with cookie.
This makes for a large batch of cookies. But you will not have trouble getting rid of them.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you'll be dropping those off when???

Mum-me said...

They sound yummy. I wish we could get some of those american ingredients over here, like marshmallow creme.

grammy said...

So are you baking because of all the snow? I use to be addicted to Little Debs oatmeal creme thingies. I could eat the whole box. 40 pounds off from that time and I am not even going to try that recipe. It looks sooo good. I know my limits (O:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Oh yum. I love oatmeal pies!

Blessings!
Lacy

DayPhoto said...

Those look SOOOOOOO Good! I have printed off the directions and plan on making them soon!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Be Still My Heart!

alphawoman said...

Oh my Gosh those look wonderful!