Saturday, December 13, 2008

Colorado.........

I think that Colorado is one of the most beautiful areas of our country that I have ever visited. I wish that I could just relax and enjoy it but....nope!
Mesa Verde was an amazing place to visit especially if you could make it up to the top of the mountain-in a semi- and then get close enough to the edge to look over at all the spectacular-ness. Daryl loved it and wants to visit it again. Me....nope!


The beauty in the pictures it awe striking but it doesn't show the truth of what being in the mountains is really like.


I enjoy looking at the snow covered peaks. (Especially from a distance.)

But Daryl he likes to look down in the valleys, in every crevice, and at the rivers. All while driving on hair pin curved and drop off ledged roads.
Of course that leaves no one looking at the road.

So by the time we are through (over) the mountain pass I am a mess. My knees are shaking, each breath hurts to take as my entire body is so tense, and I am seeing pink dots. But I am sure that its all beautiful.
Of course the truck "gelling up" didnt help matters at.all. Thankfully at that time I talked to Linda on the phone and she assured us that it should be better (temperature) the rest of the way. So I got back in the truck after Daryl got it running again and we continued on our way without truck issues.

Going thru the mountains in a car is not fun at all for me either but a semi.......
Never ever again.





When we met up with Linda and Terry we had a great time. They took us on a little road trip to see Black Canyon. Daryl thoroughly enjoyed every minute there. He didnt have to drive so he could look, look, and look some more. All the while I was not telling him to keep his eyes on the road!!! And he was with others that enjoyed it as much as he.
Like with Michele time flew by and then it was back on the road again.

I'm sure Colorado is as beautiful as my pictures show me. I just wish I could see it for myself when I'm there. But this flat lander is just that. A flatlander. I was born on flat land. I have lived on it all my life and its where I belong.

5 comments:

Mum-me said...

It looks gorgeous - too bad you couldn't see it for yourself ;)

Pat MacKenzie said...

I agree with you - travelling through mountains on scary roads is a total gut-clenching, jelly kneed experience. I would never do it in a semi. Glad you got down safely.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Your husband and his brother drive exactly alike. I always feel like I'm the only one watching the road but what good does that do me with out a steering wheel. But I have learned to trust him after all these years and we travel well together. I do love the mountians and they do not scare me. Glad you had a great trip.
P.S. Our mountians are just little hills compared to CO so I know you would enjoy them.

Renata said...

WOW - those pictures are beautiful - it must have been awe-inspiring!

DayPhoto said...

I printed off your Colorado blog so Terry could read it after supper! He was wondering what you would write.

We are cool too. Brrr. Really cold, with more snow coming in tonight. I drove on ice to work....hated that!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com