Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Gift From Afar.......


Boy oh boy! Has our mailbox been busy!
With all the cookies from the swap and then this.........

Mistletoe! Real live mistletoe from The CottonWife! Shot straight out of a tree! Right on their farm. And out of the sweetness of her heart Jenn sent some to us. How cool is that?

Being I think its very cool I had to round up some ribbon and hang up us some mistletoe!!!

The kids are having alot of fun with it. But I haven't got it on film yet.

Thanks to Jenn for such a fun unexpected gift! We love it!


In other news-

Daryl is on the mend.

We have had two days of blizzards in a row with additional snow. Windchill into the minus 40s. So we have been housebound. Where its warm and cozy. Doing some holiday baking. Tessa has been studying for semester tests. Clark and Seth practicing their parts in the Christmas Eve program. Tessa practicing singing for it.

This weather must be getting to the neighbors that have three small kids as this is what they sent over to us. True story!

What message are they trying to send us anyway????

6 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Do you get along with said neighbors?

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

YES we do!!!! We get along fine with them. We all had a good laugh!!!

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! How funny! What a "great" gift! haha

LOVE the mistletoe! We have it hanging in every doorway here! No one can get away from me. hahaha

Dana said...

I want to know what 40 below feels like, I cant imagine

grammy said...

I think my hubby had that same cold while we were on vacation in New York. It was cold and wet, now it is cold here in Co. and i have it. yuck. All those cookies look so good.

Anonymous said...

...wishin' I'd packaged the misteltoe purtier

:) Glad you liked it!!