I am a wimp. I know that about myself. I've known it for years. I have not conquered it even tho I have made small attempts to.
When it comes to winter weather and driving in it....I am a wimp.
Going to Rochester, MN yesterday went well. The weather reports were to have good weather all day or so I thought. Coming home was not so fun at all. Thirty miles from Rochester to thirty miles from home it was high winds and blowing snow for three hours straight. Whiteout conditions. Accident after accident. Even a cop in the ditch.
Zach drove for a while. Then I finished it. It took both of us to keep the suburban ON the road. One to watch the side of the road while the other followed the vehicle lights right in front of us. Praying they stayed ON the road or your going in the ditch with them.
I am a mom to 6 kids. Have had teenagers in my life for the past 9 years. My patience have been exhausted to a pretty low level. My nerves have been rattled to beyond repair. I should be able to handle some winter weather!
But alas.......NOT!
I'm a wimp.
7 comments:
That is not being a wimp. That's bravery. I would have stayed the night in Rochester.
I agree - a brave wimp. Winter driving is not for the faint hearted.
Hey that's not wimpy! Sounds a bit crazy to me, but not wimpy.
Wimpy is when I pull over in a heavy rain storm because I am not used to driving in wet conditions anymore (due to the 6 year drought we've just finished.)
You made it home and that makes you far from a whimp:)
No such thing as a wimp when it comes to driving on snowy and icy and windswept roads!! Three cheers for you and Zach and hope all turned out well with his wrist.
I think you were brave to do that drive I mean, but having all those teenagers too (o: lol ) I hate driving in the snow. I win I am the biggest wimp. I just don't do it.
You are stronger than me...I would have fallen apart and cried! And Cried!
You are so brave!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment