Thursday, January 8, 2009

Double Whammy.......

Our dear lil blog has been graced once again by CindyDianne with an award. I enjoy her blog immensely and even the cookies she sent!!! She made the best cranberry, pecan, and white chocolate cookies ever (Cookie Swap). And....she is a fellow redhead!!!!!


Honest Scrap Award Rules:

When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!



Ten honest things about myself.........

  1. I love bloggyland. Bet you couldn't of guessed that one?

  2. I've been told I'm a picky eater. I beg to differ- I just know my food preferences.

  3. I always have my toenails painted but only my fingernails for special occassions.

  4. I was recently told by someone that I was not a redhead and was kinda offended.

  5. I still miss our Izzy kitty that left us over a year ago. She was my friend. She would go to the kitchen door which she could see in and meow loudly til I obeyed her. She would meow loudly again at the main entrance door til you let her out to do her thing and hang with her peeps. She would lay by my feet wherever I happened to be but not in your way.

  6. I can read through a cookbook like a novel. But I still cook the same ol thing. I'm stuck in a rut.

  7. I fulfilled one part of last years New Years resolution. The relationship gained will bless my life forever.

  8. I am #5 of 8 children. Love being from a big family.

  9. Daryl and I married when we were knee high to a grasshopper at the ripe ol age of 17 years old. Not so sure I would recommend it but age does not make or break a marriage.

  10. Daryl always said he would be retired by the age of 25 years old. I didnt put much stock into it but it turned out to be sooo true. By 25, we were tired over again and again! Heck ,I'm still re-tired!
This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I recieved this loveliness from a new reader Mrs. Ruiz. She is a fellow trucker's wife.

Of course I had the great pleasure of meeting two fellow bloggers a short while ago and know friendships can be formed via the blog that carries over to real life.

Those I wish to share both awards with:


Grammy

Pat MacK

Dee


Linda

Mum-me

Renata

Jenn

Jacque

Please let us all know when you have posted about your awards. Have fun with it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK -- so what does that mean and what do I do???? I'm new at this game, remember???

You are sleeping now and I'm planning on doing that so will see you in the morning!

Michele said...

I chuckled at the re-tired. Still am actually. And you are so a redhead.

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I will give you a call -- next week --- since I have to finish my Christmas shopping today and wrap things and tomorrow is the party so...........no time for much else!

Dana said...

I was born a redhead, it just changed over the years. I done really know what color to call my hair and I have never died it. I guess it's reddish blondish brownish. Does Daryll do all 48 states. Justin is on his way to Ontario, OR and picking up another student in Layton Utah

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Ruiz- We dont lic for all 48 as Daryl prefers to not truck in the upper NE. He will got to PA but thats about where he draws the line for me.

Dee- Oh my! I have been struggling to get back on a schedule and you are still knee deep in all that! Did you make the bread bowl dip for your party?

DayPhoto said...

I think you are a redhead!

I will do this next week. Thanks for thinking of me. It will be fun to see what I write (for me anyway).

Happy Weekend!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

debi9kids said...

Great list!!!!
Why the heck would someone say your aren't a redhead? Just silly! Shaeds of red, people. Shades of red!