Thursday, January 8, 2009

We Survived The Day.......

We got through the day yesterday at the courthouse. But there was no dried ink on the paper when we left. Drat.
When we arrived at the courthouse Maria and I were put in a room by ourselves. And we waited.
Soon her and the kid were shuffled off to appear before the judge. They were soon back to start the fun of the day. For whatever reason we( kid, Maria and I) were the only ones in the negotiation room. His posse that he brought along stayed in another room and we never seen them the entire time we were there.
So I got to hear it ALL. Oh joy!
So they appeared before the judge again. After a long while they came back with papers to fill out again. They were to try to come to an understanding on their own. Boy did this judge not know who he was dealing with!!! Two stubborn knot heads. So off they went again. Round and round and round they went. No agreeing on anything but it was time to end this madness. They actually agreed on that!!
I kept quiet for the most part. After a long while and there was going to be no resolving this on their own I had to go and open my mouth. I told them I was surprised the two of them ever agreed to GET married. Then they half agreed to let the judge decide it.
See the kid thinks he gets EVERYTHING. And.I.mean.EVERYTHING. But he has always been like that. Nothing new to her. Not a big surprise to any of us.
The third time they went to the judge he got the clue that these two would not ever resolve this on their own. Period. So the judge said he would do his best to be fair to both parties. They are to receive a letter with the judgement in less than a week.
What a stressful stressful few hours!
So we did not get dry ink on the paper like we had hoped for but the arguments should be over for the most part. Hopefully.
Now I guess its sit back and wait. Wait for the judge's decision. Wait for it to be signed by the kid. Wait. Wait. Wait.
A thought I had when they were attempting to come to a mutual agreement was that he was more civil during all this divorce crap than when we were attempting to plan the wedding. A wedding that HE was planning and we were to just give him our checkbook. Like I said yesterday was he would throw a fit and make life VERY miserable if Daryl or I would dare to mention ANYTHING about any kind of wedding plans. HE decided what Maria's bouquet would look like. HE decided what flowers would be in front of the church. Who catered. What foods would be served. Money wasnt an option to HIM as he thought he was going to be allowed to spend On and on. The only thing Maria picked out and wasnt a fight about was her dress.
Sad when the divorce is more civil than the wedding planning.

8 comments:

Dana said...

Hopefully the judge favors towards Maria:)

Anonymous said...

We just hope he cuts it straight down the middle. Period. Thats whats fair.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

So sorry for all your stresses. Hopeful life can go on fairly normal in a month or two. Thank the Lord no children are involved or it would never be over.

My stresses will not be over in a month or two, I pretty sure about that.

Michele said...

Poor Kath and Maria. What could those kids possibly have to split? They are really young.

DayPhoto said...

I hope Maria wins....she needs to for her self esteem!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

grammy said...

What a thing to put behind you!!! look forward to better days. Prayers go out for all.

CindyDianne said...

Well, I was thinking about you both - most Maria. I spent TWO DAYS in court battling with my (now) ex over the word possessory conservator. He didn't understand and no one could make him. Hard headed jerk face.

Ok, enough about that...

It will be over soon enough and you will all breath easier.

Anonymous said...

Peace is coming...be gratful for that.