Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh What Fun We Had.......


Our house was bursting with peoples! My family always gets together New Years Day for food, fellowship, and fun! There were 26 of us present including my mother-in-law and myself. (Family members unable to attend were ---9!)


My sister, Linda, and my sister-in-law, Jelaine, helped me make many many Fry Pizzas. We have no idea how many pizzas we made but it was well over 50! Everyone had their fill!


My brother-in-law, Rokus, and my mother-in-law, Betty, shared stories of growing up in the same little South Dakota town. Rokus' niece now lives on Betty's childhood farm we were to learn.


Games of all sorts were played by young and old. The pool table was well used as was the Xbox. But my favorites were the games Apples to Apples, Pictionary, Dice Game, and Cranium.

Someone was very spoiled by all! But who cant spoil someone with such adorable cheeks? Willem(my niece Molly's lil guy) is one cute lil chub!

Maria was able to join us later as she had to work a shift. A friend of hers, James, stopped by for good eats, quad riding, and games too.

We had a great day and hope you did too!

****RECIPE****

Fry Pizza

14 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like you all had a good time.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

What wonderful faces! Everyone looks so warm and friendly and full of Christmas spirit!

Blessings and Happy New year!

Lacy & family

Anonymous said...

Man or man do I miss big family gatherings...right now our family is so spread out, and so divided...ugh. Next year I plan on having something with friends...or going out with friends...cause at this point, they are WAY more fun than family!!

Dana said...

I want to live on your farm in Wyoming:) Wow, you have a big family. Thats neat you all get to spend the holidays together

grammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful family gathering. We got together with family too. Hope to have many more get togethers this year. Sounds like a good resolution.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Did you ever give us the fry pizza recipe? It sounds interesting.

Happy New Year!

Dana said...

My DH is in Bismarck, ND tonight, he says it is coooold

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time! I have heard about the fry pizzas and need to try them once. Stay warm -- and we are trying to, also. Temps not bad but there is still snow and more forecasted!!
Happy New Year 2009!

Dana said...

Thanks for the advice:) That is funny about Bismarck, they may pass each other up. Im struggling with staying until my lease is up in April or getting out before things get worse. I dont want to make the wrong choice. I put to much thought into everything and stress myself out:(

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! Now I need to ask, what is fry pizza? And would you post the recipe?

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Dana said...

I have an award for you from yesterday

Dana said...

You dont look old enough to have married children:) My DH fell on his butt twice this morning walking through a truck stop parking lot. I guess it is icy in Minnesota. I will keep your daughters situation in my thoughts and prayers

Dana said...

What state are you in, I thought you were in South Dakota

Dana said...

Im not sure where he delivered, I know that he is Illinois now waiting to deliver at 5am, he is sleeping so I will ask him tomorrow. I dont like it when he goes to sleep so early:(