Fried Sweet Dough Pizza
1/2 c. warm water
2 pkgs. dry yeast
1 1/2 c. luke warm evaporated milk
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. shortening
6 1/2 -7 c. flour
1/2 c. warm water
2 pkgs. dry yeast
1 1/2 c. luke warm evaporated milk
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. shortening
6 1/2 -7 c. flour
Divide into 18 portions.
Roll out.
Roll out.
Pizza Sauce
1 lb. ground beef,browned
1 jar Ragu pizza sauce
1 can tomato soup
tomato juice
Shredded cheddar cheese
Add tomato juice for the desired consistency.
Fry each side of the pizza dough round.
On medium heat.
Top with sauce and cheese.
1 lb. ground beef,browned
1 jar Ragu pizza sauce
1 can tomato soup
tomato juice
Shredded cheddar cheese
Add tomato juice for the desired consistency.
Fry each side of the pizza dough round.
On medium heat.
Top with sauce and cheese.
To get the pizza out of the skillet with all its goodness on top I use a plate(paper)accompanied with the spatula to help nudge it on.
Also I get the sauce ready ahead of time and keep it warm in a crockpot.
These pizzas are a little time consuming but very worth it.
My cousin ,Lee, requested this recipe.
He remembers my mom making these when I was only knee high to a grasshopper.
That means that this recipe has been in my family for several decades.
My family usually makes it for special occasions.
Instead of ham for Easter we may have Fry Pizzas.
Well, two years ago I was hosting the family New Years Day gathering at our house.
We were remodeling our house and added on a kitchen.
It was to have been completed by Christmas.
But it wasn't.
On NYD we moved from the old kitchen to the new one.
I prepared the sauce on the old stove.
Then Daryl had me move to the new kitchen.
He installed the appliances and we went to work.
The new gas stove was set too high and had to be reset very soon after.
(By a professional.)
But we used it anyway.
We ended up almost burning everyone of the pizzas.
It was quite the day.
Little embarrassing.
But, still super yummy.
Enjoy!
Also I get the sauce ready ahead of time and keep it warm in a crockpot.
These pizzas are a little time consuming but very worth it.
My cousin ,Lee, requested this recipe.
He remembers my mom making these when I was only knee high to a grasshopper.
That means that this recipe has been in my family for several decades.
My family usually makes it for special occasions.
Instead of ham for Easter we may have Fry Pizzas.
Well, two years ago I was hosting the family New Years Day gathering at our house.
We were remodeling our house and added on a kitchen.
It was to have been completed by Christmas.
But it wasn't.
On NYD we moved from the old kitchen to the new one.
I prepared the sauce on the old stove.
Then Daryl had me move to the new kitchen.
He installed the appliances and we went to work.
The new gas stove was set too high and had to be reset very soon after.
(By a professional.)
But we used it anyway.
We ended up almost burning everyone of the pizzas.
It was quite the day.
Little embarrassing.
But, still super yummy.
Enjoy!
6 comments:
So, you fry the dough in a little oil in a skillet? There is a lot of sugar in there, does it taste sweet? Have you ever grilled you pizza?
The dough is slightly sweet. I fry mine in a "dry" skillet but my mom always put a little shortening in the pan.
Kath
Yummy that looks good! I must try.
Well, I tried to fry my pizza dough and I burned it. I put it in the oven after it started to burn in the center. It was pretty good afterwards. LOL
yeah. pretty sure this is my favorite food EVER!!! woot. make me some mother.
Thanks for commenting over on my blog! I love "meeting" new people! It looks like you have your hands full with so much going on in your world!
Post a Comment