Friday, February 20, 2009

HELP!!!........

Daryl bought a tractor in Tennessee and hauled it home in the semi trailer. It just fit. Good thing too or Dirk, being without a job, may of had to drive it home from Tennessee.

5130 Case IH

Its so small and cute.

This is our new in-town lawn ornament for awhile anyways til it makes its summer trek to the farm land in Wyoming. To be returned to South Dakota in the fall with a loader on it for snow removal.

(Clark driving a tractor for the first time in his life.)
7140 Case IH Big bruno tractor.

7140 pulls the disc (plow to Wyomonians), bale stacker, and drill.

It pulls the big square baler with ease.


Now I dont know alot about tractors and farming. But I do know that the big tractor was just the right size to pull the drill when it was loaded with seed. I remember that very clearly!! So I know this small tractor wont be up for the job.
And I doubt it will be able to run that big baler I call "the dinosaur".
The 5130 will have its uses as running the "gopher getter" over the 400 acres, raking multiple times throughout the summers, picking up LOTS of bales, snow removal in SD, and I'm not sure what else Daryl has in store for it.

Here is where we need your help.
I am afraid the small tractor is going to have a complex once it gets to WY by big tractor. Being its not the first tractor on the farm.
And its alot smaller than the big well.loved.by.all tractor.
And it definitely wont be able to take on the big jobs like baling and drilling.
This one has to be shifted all the time where big tractor is shift while you are on the go-only have to mess with that touchy clutch once then!!! (YAHOOOO!)
So us gals-Tessa and I- decided small tractor needs a manly name.

Seth came up with naming both tractors Tom and Tommy. Guess which one gets the lil boy name? Problem with that is one of our neighbors in WY name is Tom.
So we need to eliminate the names-
John
Kevin
Buttons
Chuck
Daryl
Dirk
Seth
Clark
Zach
Joe
Taylor

So please help us come up with a manly name for our small tractor so it does not have a complex beside big tractor.
We cant wait for your responses!!!! We will hash them all over and let you know which one we chose on Monday!
Thanks for your help!

12 comments:

CindyDianne said...

The Rock?

George. I always try to name stuff George.

Anonymous said...

I think he looks like a Butch! Funny, but I name things too - our new truck is Chuck and my Buick is Buck and the old suburban is just 'Burb'! Lana's PT Cruiser is Pete and my friend used to drive 'Henry' - a Ford!! And my dad's old 49 Ford we dubbed Caesar!! So my vote is in and it wasn't on your list. Sorry! Have a great day!

grammy said...

Big boy, little boy...Bud and Buddy. Big brother and little Brother. Arnold and Dusty(as in Hoffman) So now you know, I am terrible at naming things...lol

Steph said...

big red. or ol' red. or.... peanut! or.... shnookums. or...ok i'm done.

Steph said...

and to respond to your comment... man those stinkin ditches... i think everyone has a bad ditch story. but how scary to back into the ditch! did i understand that right?

and... i will NOT have boys when i have kids. as far as i know, they are straight trouble. i'm so tired of seeing URINE outside of the toilet. i'm willing to bet you had to deal with that too at a certain point. ;)

debi9kids said...

Bubba
Hank
Rex
Stan
Earl

Pat MacKenzie said...

What's a more manly name than Bruce?? or Bunky? or Hercules? You guys sure like your big machinery don't you.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Brutus

Dana said...

BOB!!

CindyDianne said...

Well? What did you decide?

DayPhoto said...

5130 Case IH

All our tractors go by thier number...730, 530, 630 4240 I submit their NUMBER!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Renata said...

I know you already have a name - but that tractor looks like fun ! & sounds like it will be useful all year round, which is great!