Thursday, February 19, 2009

Picture Tags.......

I was tagged by Dee to do a 4x4.
This is Zach in the hospital at Mayo Clinic last April. He was bedridden for 3 days on account of the bone/artery graph from the leg. So he got to experience for the first time in his healthy life the joy of sponge baths. But they didnt wash his hair til Sunday night.
When he came back from surgery his hair didnt look so good. And then he had two days of sweating in an 85 degree room to help stimulate blood flow.
He was overjoyed when this very kind nurse suggested it! We never knew you could wash your hair while lying in bed.
Nurse layered the bed with plastic and blankets. Then layed down the tray with the spout that emptied into a bucket on the floor. She did a great job at making her patient a happy guy. He felt renewed after getting his hair washed. And finally for the first time in 3 days looked like himself again. To the point all the nurses swooned over his goodlooks!
This is the 5x5 that I was to do a month ago from Mrs. Ruiz.
The pic is of Tessa -Prom 2008. She went with the guy that just broke her heart a few days prior to prom. But she looked beautiful regardless of circumstances and pulled through like a trooper. And had a great night while he watched her shine from the sidelines!!
I am going to cop out on tagging anyone. If you are reading this consider yourself tagged. Let me know when you complete the tag so we can all bop over to read it.
Have fun with it!

6 comments:

grammy said...

Tags are fun...but sometimes they feel like a homework assignment...I always felt rebellious about homework (o: Isn't washing your hair an amazing thing...especially if you have been sick. Your poor daughter (beautiful I might add) going to prom broken hearted. It is not easy being young. Don't think I would want to do it all over.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I guess I'm just slow, but what is a 4x4 and a 5x5. I looked at the pictures and neither one of them looked like they were that size???? Tessa looks gorgeous.

Dana said...

Tessa looked beautiful and I know what he was feeling when he had his hair washed, clean hair really does change the mood

Mum-me said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I hope she had a good night.

And yes, doesn't having your hair washed make you feel so much better? How is your son doing with his wrist problems? Any change?

debi9kids said...

Fun and what great photos, esp the top one. Great story to go along and nice to know how far he has come since then :)

Michele said...

I've got to echo the clean hair thing. I just never feel right if my hair is dirty.

Tessa was beautiful. Stupid old boyfriend :)