Last week I was surrounded by sick coughing peoples. Stuck in a vehicle with them. Sat up with a hacking kid most of the night in the (very warm dry) motel. Then he continued with it through out most of the week. Antibiotics worked miraculously so all is well for him. But now its my turn..........
When surrounded by sick ones we were in Minneapolis,MN to bring my sister, Brenda, to the airport so she could return home to WA. Seth and my mom joined in on the fun. We left with Seth having the sniffles and my mom just fine. Seth's "cold" got worse in the night. My mom woke up sounding like a frog- kinda like how I sound today. Oh joy! At least I can talk so still able to work.
We made it a two day trip so we could do some shopping and visit family.
My mom likes to go to quilting stores when she travels. But this time we decided to look for things for her new house. She filled the third seat in the suburban at Home Goods so we could not get a tree at Ikea.
We spent our time browsing through some of our new favorites like Home Goods, Crate&Barrel, Byerly's, and Whole Foods. An old fav Pier 1. We finished off our shopping at Ikea where we hung out til it was time to drop Brenda off at the airport just down the road.
Seth said it was one of the best trips to Minneapolis. A teenage boy spending a morning browsing in a grocery store? We sure must lead a boring life, huh? He enjoyed checking out everything.Of course on the way home we had to stop at the Aldi store to pick up some much needed items. Thats when Seth's patience with grocery stores ended.
Dirk(office) and Daryl(on road) took over my job while I was gone for two days. Let me tell ya what I call those days "Kath Appreciation Days". They both were very appreciative that I came home and got back to work!! My job is easy but has the potential to be very frustrating. They had two days of frustration.
Regardless of being sick and croaking like a frog my work day was very productive yesterday. Booked Daryl a full schedule to WA and back. It felt great to do that once again. Lately its been a struggle. I put in twice the time and still come up empty.
Last night Dirk and Zach ran into Daryl at the Flying J so stopped by to chat. Then Zach decided to ride along with him this week so Daryl should not be bored!!!! I ran Zach first thing this am to meet up with Daryl as he had a very tight schedule today.They made both appointments and are headed west.
Dirk starts his new job at the same steakhouse Maria works at tomorrow. He will be a cook and learning the whole serving bit. He will be staying at my mom's too for the time being. He has worked at Applebee's and Perkins previously as a cook because he learned many great kitchen skills from his awesome mother. Just telling it as he told it to me!! LOL I think it will be a good job for him to do on Saturdays while working construction for the summers too.
Maria found out last week that her divorce has been final since Jan. 7. After not receiving anything from the court she called them. She is still waiting for the kid to cooperate to retrieve her things from the settlement. He has avoided her calls for the past month. Be done with it all already!
Thats whats been happening around here. We are getting back to regular programming and the normal chaos. I am hoping to be checking in with you all more as I miss my bloggy time!
7 comments:
Oh my goodness that makes my head spin...what a busy advent full time. Family together is good. So many families that I know with teenagers probably could not have done that with out some major problems....kudos to you all. Sorry that some of you have been sick.
I miss your bloggy time too - you sure have a busy life. Hope you're all starting to feel better now.
You are a busy lady! Hope you're feeling better soon, as well as the rest of the family.
Wow...you've been a little busy. Looks like you've had some good times too though...Sorry about all the sickness...So far so good at our house...knock on everything...lol.
I am exhausted just reading the first two paragraphs. Geez you have a fulfilled life. My life is so boring all I do is wait. You deserve lazy days:)
Hi there! I'd love to add you to the blog list, but will need your email to do it. Just leave it in a comment for me, and I'll add you ASAP!
Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment