I have been ill for the past four days.
Sunday I thought I just had my mom and Seth's cold. Today when I woke up after 10 hours of blissful sleep and feeling like I had been hit by a truck I was convinced I have the dreaded influenza. Today was my worst day yet.
I did not go to the doc as the word out there is they are not giving out Tamiflu as it is not taking care of this strain of flu. And the Tamiflu has horrible side effects. This time I chose to suffer thru the flu and not the scary side effects. So far so good.
I hope I am over the worst now and will feel some better tomorrow.
I have some good caretakers tho. And they know how to make a tasty meal too.
I am thankful I work from home as I was able to carry on with it. Today was hard tho. The longer I sat here at the computer the more the world spun on by me- or so it felt. It was such a relief to lay down and close my eyes when the work was complete.
Every person I have talked to over the phone is glad I am not near them. You can almost hear their "Eeeew! Germs!!" I went from sounding like a frog to barely able to talk.
Last night Clark showed me these itchy round spots on him. I thought they were possibly the start of ringworm cuz they were round and pink. His hand was swollen but didnt hurt. Tonight he showed me the spots again. Now some look like bug bites of some sort. Others spots are very red and swollen. Large splotchy patches of them. So somehow he will have to be seen by a doc tomorrow. It would be best to go to the dermatologist in case its a side effect of his meds.
He has been cleaning up an old grill from a firetruck that was found in the attic of our shop. So maybe he got into something there. All I know is he must be seen by a doctor tomorrow. I hope I am feeling up to bringing him in.
I pray tomorrow is a better day!
And I pray the rest of the family does not get this nasty bug.
5 comments:
OH! I am so sorry. I had the flu a few weeks ago (and the kids got it too. UGH) and it was terrible.
I pray it goes quickly and no one else gets it.
Oh dear- I hope you are all feeling better soon.
Oh my! Feel better soon! All of you!
Hope you're feeling better soon. We've missed it so far - fingers crossed!
So sorry. This is the second blog I have read tonight about sick people. Not fun for you that is for sure. When you still have kids at home and the business to run...not a lot of rest. Maybe your son has been cleaning the grill with some kind of chemical. My red head hubby is sensitive to...stuff... He said I was washing his clothes with something that was bothering him. I kind of rolled my eyes. Later when I saw his back, it was totally all red. Sorry Hubby. I will make sure to stick to the detergent that is safe and not buy what is on sale (o: Get well.
Post a Comment